Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Sad Sad Day.... Rest in Peace My Friend

Gentlemen, Captain George Prenant passed away last evening with his family by his side. Funeral arrangements are still being made as of this post.

I will openly thank Brandon White for creating Tidalfish,and allowing George and I to become good friends. For about a two year span, we communicated damn near every morning around 4:00 AM. I was just getting into the Bay fishing and once I gained his trust, he openly shared his decades of experience on the water with me.

I've fished with him many many times. Some paid trips, some freebies, hell I was his emergency mate for two trips. Six and half hours of pure hell. He said right, I went left. He said deep, I went shallow... So god damn funny. We did much much better the next day..... But we both had this wonderful relationship.

You either loved George, or you hated him. I loved the man. His career in the Marines, life as a mechanic in Georgetown, and ultimately trolling our beautiful resource, The Chesapeake..

I do hope if you knew the man and how much he loved our fishery, you will make time to pay your respects.

I'll post as soon as I know the times..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 121_2104.jpg (58.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg CaptainGeorge 036.jpg (79.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Blakesdad; 03-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.