Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 PM

Default Trolling Love Point to Tolley's Point

After several calls to people on and off the water I decided to head out by myself Saturday after my son's playoff football game.

Went out of SPSP, met with steady 2 footers. I am in a 19' walkaround, so I figured I would take my time and head north and look for marks. Went as far as the north side of the Chester, not marking much of anything, only took about an hour to get there. I got impatient, so I decided to drop the spread and try to get lucky. I zigged and zagged down past the Dumping Grounds, saw some birds, so I cranked in the 2 deeper umbrella's and wound up the the 4 others 20-30 feet and headed in shallow. I was able to pull out 1 12" dink. YEAH

The wind decided to lay down, so I racked the rods and made the run to tolley's at 30 mph, smooth ride. The marks were not any stronger than up north, dropped the spread anyway and worked my way north past Hackett's and then towards the main span of the bridge. As I made it to the channel by 91 I noticed 1 of my rods looked funny, after grabbing the rod it felt like I snagged another rig in my spread or some trash or something heavier than normal. Ended up being a 21.5" football on a golden mullet storm. Got dinner. Circled back around and headed for the bridge, went in and out of the bridge span with the best marks I had seen all day but nothing.

Left the house a 10:30 and got home by 5:30. It was nice getting out even with the crappy conditions at first.

Til next week,

Tight Lines,

John