Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2010, 10:09 PM

Default OT.... Segway Tours

This has nothing to do with fishing, so all of you with your panties in a wad, please... don't read any further.

I've lived here most of my 46 years. I've seen MOST of all the monuments, museums, I've decorated the White House, Blair House.. etc..

I had minimal expectations about a Segway Tour of Washington DC, I won on a radio station. It was with one of my favorite bands, and meeting them in person was way cool.

So we did a two hour tour of the monuments on Segways, 16 of us in all.

I was mildly intimidated by the Segway, my wife was terrified. BUt after a 10 minute film clip, and some hands on experience, all was good.

Its really f'ing neat.. You can get up to 20 mph on these bad boys, and cruising through the tour route of streets, sidewalks, parks etc.. I had a blast. My terrified wife had a blast...

I've driven past the WWII Memorial for four years now, got up close and personal,, Beautiful !!!

Anyway, ya gotta be 18 years old, you sign your life away and its $75 for two hours.. Ya gotta do it ONCE.. Its a lot of fun....
Old 06-25-2010, 06:40 AM

I had the same thoughts about the Segways. Last year my wife and I went to Bermuda, she signed us up for a Segway tour and I thought ok, if I must. Once on them we had a blast the tour guide was great and after a few minutes on them you could do almost any maneuver on them…. I would do it again if I had the opportunity..

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 06-28-2010, 10:41 AM

We took the whole office on a Segway tour of DC last summer. It was awesome! I don't need to do it again, but it was great once.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s