Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Boy is this bringing back some memories. Thing that gets me is the whole time after this theft while this assholes boat sat at marina the rods he left on holders went untouched by the honest people at the marina. Grant they were not worth anything but you would at least think someone that got ripped off would have gone over and broke at least one of them over their knee. It only takes one bad apple.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
Boy is this bringing back some memories. Thing that gets me is the whole time after this theft while this assholes boat sat at marina the rods he left on holders went untouched by the honest people at the marina. Grant they were not worth anything but you would at least think someone that got ripped off would have gone over and broke at least one of them over their knee. It only takes one bad apple.
Mike; ain't that the truth. Every time I went down to the marina, I looked to see if his rods were still in the rod holders They remained there until the boat got moved. Part of the judges decision was that he had to remove the boat because he hadn't paid his slip fees. While he had a deadline of a couple weeks to move it; it was months before the boat got moved (all the while, his equipment remained untouched).
5th (Marty)
Old 01-06-2015, 02:32 PM

All I can say is that POS is lucky it was not me he stole from. I hate thieves with a passion.

I learned long ago that the court system is a total joke - I had to go after money owed to me. Only took two court cases to decide it was much better to handle business myself.

You might want to contact Md Gazette - sure others would love to see first hand how court handled this.

I still think you should put his name out.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:33 PM

Been there done that. Had my credit card numbers stolen by a "friend" of my son that worked at Sears. I had even taken the little sh*t camping and fishing the summer before. Went to trial I was issued a subpoena to be there and the Judge just gave all involved a slap on the wrist. I stood up to speak my mind and was "out of line".

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 01-06-2015, 03:35 PM

Skip;
Let's just say, if a Matthew Dates answers a HO request; keep an eye on your tackle
5th
Old 01-06-2015, 03:44 PM

When I was finished talking to the prosecutor and giving him my viewpoint, I gave him a copy of some flyers that were distributed around the courthouse. I figured it might drive home my point
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1593.jpg (93.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Dates is not an uncommon last name - what is his address , strictly for the safety of my fishing gear.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 PM

What BS!! The court system seems to consistently prove that crime does pay after all Maybe the system is bogged down too much already with bigger fish to fry but that doesn't mean squat to the little fish's victims!

Marty, I think since his boat was removed and his equiptment is junk, you should offer to take him out on your boat as a HO? You know, someplace real deep!

I hope this story has a happy ending somehow but I'm doubting it will. Sad....

Old 01-06-2015, 10:22 PM

Ps- as for the roads, I can certainly understand your buddy being pissed. That's rediculous but not surprising. We too often dumb things down to mediocre as to not leave anyone behind. Set the expectations low so the goal is more attainable.

Makes me feel real good when I see how much I paid in MD income tax this year!

Old 01-11-2015, 08:31 PM

Having to repay only for the victims' out of pocket cost with no consideration for what the insurance companies laid out is total BS. And they can't get the POS to make good on the reduced amount. He is damaged goods and needs to be treated like what he is....a damn criminal. The original felony charge should be reinstated as well.

Maryland didn't get dubbed the most liberal state in the country for no reason.

2008 Maycraft 2550XL (The Hunter) - Yamaha F250
Grassy Key, Marathon
<*)))))><