Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-23-2015, 09:49 AM

Talking 1st BUBBA in the Bay?

We had a very successful scouting trip on Wednesday, Nov. 18 south of the Bay Bridge... caught our limit of overs and unders working both shallow water and deep water, with birds working, sitting, and no birds in site... and then just as we were about to start bringing lines in as we went over an area where sitting birds brought us to a huge amount of bait in deep water, this 47 incher hit a board line with a white Bloody Point Tandem and pulled some drag on the Reel Draggin' Tackle JC30 reel and the rod was bent over hard. Knew we had a big one on and slowed boat down to 1.5mph to bring her in and get her released as quickly as possible after a quick photo. She revived nicely boat side and swam away strong! I swore the crew to secrecy and held off on posting her with MSSA Tournament coming up as we had dreams of catching her or one of her friends in the same location this weekend. Anyway, she covered the deck with sea lice as did one other fish that day and one of our Saturday fish had sea lice as well. Now that the tournament (which she would have taken 3rd in with two bigger 47's caught out of Solomon's taking 1st and 2nd) is behind us, I was wondering if there were many other big migratory fish caught ahead of the tournament?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 47 incher - Nov 18 2015.jpg (96.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 AM

Sweet now that's a beauty! I hope it is a sign of thinks to come.