Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-22-2016, 11:25 AM

Default Finally !!!!!!!!!

Figured what the hell gotta work in the rain why not fish? Left the bodkin around 0630 ran south to podickory and since so sloppy I set up a chum slick. I know it's not fishing but after the spring I had figured putting odds in my favor wouldn't hurt! Well went about 40 minutes w/o a bite then all hell broke loose! Next thing I know one line down as that one is coming in number two hits. Two guys on boat, it's on! Both fish keepers 28,26. Get them in on ice reset lines and bam another double 22,25. I know not much but other than the keys my season has sucked! Brought them in and cleaned them up, now heading back out on jig and release trip. Will post results later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-22-2016, 07:26 PM

Nice work. Thanks for the report.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 05-22-2016, 07:44 PM

Second trip not so quick. Although strickly catch and release I second go around we still manages a three man limit had we kept any. Still chummed with circle hooks and although wind laid down the rain picked up.we released seven before calling it a day, felt like a drown rat by 5:00. Called Garlein to see if he could make second trip with us but he was persistant to go on his own and he wound up at the very end of our slick. All fish came on 1 oz slip sinkers with a big ol piece of fresh elwive attached, not very sporting but with heavy gain and fog wasnt about to troll. Good day overall and boy will I be glad when this weather breaks I'm not usually this desperate!