Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Default Saturday- looking and looking and finally finding

Sat morning was supposed to be light winds and better to fish than Sun morning, so I headed out towards Bloody Pt to where I heard reports of schools of rock. Got out of the Severn and found a good 10 mph SW breeze getting acquainted with an outgoing tide, resulting in 2-3' seas. Not too bad. Headed to Bloody and found boats anchored and trolling, but once in the mouth of E Bay I found 3-4' seas, and not a chance of finding breaking fish.

Spent a lot of time looking at the meter, seeing little on the screen. Saw scattered birds but mostly terns. Down to Poplar, up into EB, then back to BP. Jigged a few places but with few marks and a good chop, I was not being successful. Made my way back up to Brickhouse, saw some action-but it was some rays. So there are a few still around. Couldn't even get one of them to bite, so decided to pack it in.

Headed west to Naptown (home) and was just nearing the red buoy at a location that rhymes with "jolly joint" when I see birds, and lots of them, and then I see white water, and lots of it. Spent the next hour working a big moving school of 16-18" bluefish. Got 6 in the boat, had a number shake-off and one bite-off. Those little guys were MAD and fought like it too. School finally disappeard and birds all just sat on the water waiting for act 2. Didn't seem to be happening so I headed home happy that I pulled something out of the hat. (Also it was 100 degrees and only 10am). Was throwing a 3/4oz red headed/white tailed bucktail.

Went home, rested for a while, then filleted them up and made fish cakes out of them. Delicious with bacon and mustard! Chesapeake Cheeseburger.

Wow is was HOT!!!! I wonder how many people passed out at Bumper Bash.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Let me test my educational back round.... Tolly's ??
Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Let me test my educational back round.... Tolly's ??
Way to go Spot Burner