Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 PM

Default Fish Nut 4/15 Shake Down

Launched the boat at SPSP & 7 o'clock. Had a list of things to look over on the boat. Once my list was complete ran the big girl South around Brick House and let the engine eat for awhile.

While cruising around I was surprised to see very few people trolling

I wasn't going to let the lack of effort stop me from wetting a few lines. Put out one planer board and ran four board rods, and two boat rods.

The board rods quickly rewarded us with some action and chased the pre season skunk off the boat. nice 39"

Then a boat rod started to twitch with a 36" the action slowed some but fish were biting just not fast and furious. Worked contour lines from 30' - 60' all strikes came on lines close to the surface with Mylar Flash. The funny thing about today was everything was on white All fish released in great condition. Most gave us a 55f shower with bay water as they swam away.

Nice day on the Water winds out of the South West, not a lot of power boat but enough sail boats to make it interesting

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 04-16-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I had to take care of something at our community beach which sits right on the mouth of the Magothy at the bay (not far from Podickery Point) and I saw a TON of boats coming in around 5pm. Noticed a lot of big offshore style center consoles coming in. I guess a lot of people were working the bugs out of their boats before next weekend.

I know Marty was heading out today with Capt John and I think Greg went out yesterday (unless he was just towing his Judge around the neighborhood just to show it off ) so maybe we'll get a couple more reports coming in today.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 AM

I am on the road today. We had a few off of Tolly Point. First pass gave us a double header. All fish came in less than 50' of water. Hot lure was a solo white 4oz parachute.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 PM

Here is our story.. Got home from church around noon, ate lunch, and hooked up to the boat around 1pm. Took her to the gas station for a big drink and headed to SPSP for a few hours on the water. We set lines just off of Tolly Point where we marked a ton of bait while running. First swipe out to towards deeper water we hooked up and had a second rod go down while my son was reeling in the first fish. We circled back through with one more fish. After a few more passes around the bait in the area we didnt hooke up and headed for deeper water. Didnt see nearly as much out there so we headed back west without a bite as the tide was dying. We pulled lines and was home by 5. The boy got to do his home work on the boat and enjoy some action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fonza.JPG (64.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg fonzb.JPG (48.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg fonzc.JPG (56.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM

That's a lucky young man right there. The nicest place I ever got to do my hoemwork was the kitchen table.