Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-02-2015, 06:08 PM

Default 11/2/15 Large Loop

Left the Bodkin and ran across the Bay to Swan Point looking for a better quality of fish. The Bay was flat and you could see the tiniest ripple from bait and birds from Bay Bridge to Key Bridge

Nothing

Trolled from just above Brewerton to Rock Hall. Picked up and ran to Triple Buoys where we found bait deep but nothing molesting it. Saw the Pride of Baltimore coming out of the Chester and what looked like the Sultana as well. While "glassing the area", I hit the mother load of birds. Pulled the trolling rods (6) and ran for the winged marauders with jigging rods. Dinks, this years rock. Must have been at least six to eight inches long
Lou brought me a sandwich for lunch and BEER. So we watched the tall ships and ate.
After lunch, I picked up and headed west!!! Lou asked where I was going? I said "to catch fish" Some guys at the marina have been doing OK on smaller fish in the shallows. Before I could get to my destination, we saw a few birds flying and a couple working the water. We were still east of the channel (hint). I dropped over three trolling rods and "BAM" we were on. Caught our 4 fish limit in about 15 minutes. They were the smaller (21-23 inch) fish we have been focusing on outside the Bodkin/Patapsco/Key Bridge area. But at least we had some fish for dinner

I have to get the boat back on the trailer, but if I do, it will be full of leaves from the trees surrounding my house
I need a big wind (over night so not to impact fishing) to get rid of these leaves.

Good luck,
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1941.jpg (94.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Today's fish waiting to be filleted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1942.jpg (91.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-02-2015, 07:41 PM

I have been catching a few on the edges of Craighill channel and on Saturday the 20-25 inch fish were very think on the southern end of Belvedere.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:57 PM

Yep. That whole area has been producing the same grade of fish. Every once and a while a friend yanks a bigger fish out of the norther bay, but nothing like what below the bridge is producing.

Jason did real well today, but ran 19 rods with boards below bridge

I'm not sure I want to do that yet.
5th
Old 11-03-2015, 06:00 AM

Have trailer will travel