Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-03-2016, 03:41 PM

Default May 2 - Sandy Point - great start

I'll give weatherman a nod - forecast was good on Monday. Predicted showers ended just as we launched at 8:30 am. Fellow Tfer Freak Magnet ( Todd ) and Rem1224 ( Ralph ) made up the crew. Fog was thick as we eased out past bridge and we could see about 1/4 mile. Radar showed the way as we ran SE. Saw 4-5 boats ( on radar screen ) off Severn but no anchored ships. Found nice open area of water off Tolly's point and set out lines in 35 feet on a SE heading.

Todd watched radar as Ralph and I set out the lines. Poor Todd - I called him Ted , Tom , Tim - as I asked how it looked up ahead. Third set of eyes was great in fog.

We had about 10 lines set when a tandem 6/2 out 100 off board got hit. Ralph reeled it in - I reminded him to hold tension as the lures were PSCR ( barbless / singles ). It hit the 2 oz chartreuse with sparkles and green glitter shad. Nice 37 incher to start the morning . Once cleaned at home - found out it was a male. We got rest of lines set and Todd ready for next fish. Circled the area but could not get another hit. Fog slowly lifted and we could see about a mile. Few other boats around - some big name charters - so figured we were in good area.

We trolled south over the area a rod was lost on Thursday - planning to dive for it in afternoon. Nice saved GPS track - we hoped would make for fast recovery as water is still below 60*.

Trolled around in big loops - lot of bait on meter and a few fish. Checking lines - found deep ones to have some snot - we discussed how much would deter a fish. We ate lunch - shaking our heads at slow bite from fish.

Decided to check how far from lost rod and noticed the track was erasing . Unit is on factory settings and once a track uses too much memory - it erases itself to lay down new track. Luckily have a waypoint saved just a kiss off the track.

Decided to keep fishing - will go after rod next week - hopefully in warmer water. Sun came out and bay was smooth - water temp. went up 4 *. Trolled up to # 88 and gave the deep water there a last chance but only had a half hearted hit on a single - fish barely messed up the hair. Pulled lines around 4:30 - to beat predicted evening storms. Weather man was dead on - bad storms hit about 8 pm.

Day started off great but really can not complain - it was a nice sunny and calm afternoon on the bay.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:20 PM

Please no tf references over here! LOL!