Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Default Late Report/Boat issues

Have not been posting fishing reports after feeling the sting last year's tussle, but wanted to get back in the swing of things. This is more of an update with an unproductive fishing report sprinkled in.

I sold my Judge to Rob who is a fireman in AA County, and he seems to be enjoying it. Greg was helpful in my marketing effort which was appreciated. This boat was bought for my young son thinking he would use the cabin. He never did, and as much as I like the cabin to protect my bald head, a center console is what I am used to. I had a 25 C-Hawk previously which was a great no frills boat.

As we all know, there are a ton of great deals on boats. I wanted something for both the bay and offshore, and was not particular about the brand. My main critera was trailerable, around 25 feet, deadrise, and a solid safe boat. I kept watching a 2001 Regulator 26 FS which was priced aggressively. It was such a good deal, I called to the seller. He was small home builder in Georgia who unfortunately was feeling the bad economy. Being a business owner myself, I unfortunately needed to focus my attention on issues at work, and not a new boat. A month later, I came up for air and the boat was still for sale. This time, I was ready. An offer was made for slightly less than his asking price subject to a sea trial and survey. Both the survey and sea trial went well, so I took delivery.

My first trip was to 7 foot knoll with Mark1234. We only fished for few minutes and then ran in. The next trip was last Saturday with Mark and his brother Paul. The plan was to run to Rock Hall and then south to LP. The wind was kicking and boat was very comfortable at 30MPH. We saw some birds and caught smaller fish but quickly tired of this. Paul was throwing a pink jig which was the hot color. Tide was ripping, but drift was against the tide due to wind. Searched, but could not find a better grade of fish. We decided to move to the bridge with a few eels. The current was weak at the bridge, and we did not catch any fish. Due to a family committment, could not not wait for the current to start. I was hoping to catch some decent fish on what was really the first fishing trip, but that did not happen.

The electronics from the Judge are being installed this week and a cracked weld being repaired. I guess it what you are used to, but I really miss my electronics. The boat has a few other issues which are being addressed, but overall I could not be happier.

Hope to see you guys on the water and look forward to great fall. I may be calling you guys with a pilot house once it get really cold.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:14 PM

Rich; glad to here you are happy with your new ride. I'll be looking for it out on the water.
5th (Marty)
Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM

Richard, glad you got your new boat and have been out on the water.. I look forward to seeing the ride. I am sure we will hook up and fish together soon!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:59 PM

Hadn't heard anymore about the new boat but glad to hear things are progressing. It won't be long before you have that to-do list done....Don
Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 PM

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Dude, you just made a wonderful investment. ( if you can use boat and investment in the same sentence.) Regulators are clearly superior to any boat on the Bay. I'm assuming 450 horses ??? How about some pics ?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 PM

PS dont leave the live well lid open when you raise the engines.... Trust me...
Old 10-26-2010, 04:43 PM

Regulator - The boat Grady owners with great credit scores buy

Hope to see some pictures - sounds like a sweet ride.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM

Congrats on the new ride Rich. Hope to see you out there soon........Mark
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlag View Post
Congrats on the new ride Rich. Hope to see you out there soon........Mark
Congratulations on the new boat Hockleyneck