Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Default Meeting Brandon?

Wondering if anyone made the trek to meet Brandon last night?

I only had a few ask and one commit to it. I mentally bailed on meeting with him after the lack of interest and the follow up info we gathered after the DNR meeting. I did commit to setting a meeting so I followed through. I do think its a good idea to accept his invitation and meet with him in the future. He proposed a gathering prior to his committee meetings.

I do not want to see anyone slamming him, though I will say I am very disappointed with the way the C/R topic was handled.
Thoughts on meeting him?

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 11-11-2009, 03:44 PM

No interest here. I think it's a waste of time.

My $.02
Old 11-11-2009, 03:57 PM

I am not a fan of Mr. White. He came down from his mountain and revealed himself as something of an elitist. This was his first shot out of the gate and we were expecting something more. He made a private deal with the devil and didn't even allow DNR's proposal to be discussed. He is a major player in stopping a promising C&R trend that could have had legs had the Charter Boat Assn been willing to try something different instead the status quo C & Killing trips. Some Charter Captains want to, but are "discouraged". I don't trust Brandon now...Don
Old 11-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Baldzilla

agree, I was gonna go, but after all the BS I could give two ****s about what he has to say now...you aren't gonna change his mind and he isn't going to change mine, so what's the point?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:06 PM

I think it is beneficial to speak to as many commissioners as possible regarding issues that are important to you. However, with limited time I believe it is best to focus your efforts on those that believe they actually represent you. The MSSA and CCA are organizations that I believe do so. That is why I opted to meet with Dave Sikorski of the CCA last night. He has a constituancy to answer to and will be held accountable by his membership.

Should Brandon have another meeting date and time, I may go. However given the fact that the DNR has already made a decision on this issue and will be moving towards public comment, meeting over this issue doesnt really serve a purpose. I still would like to see the ultimate position he took to the commission on the C&R issue though.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:27 PM

I agree with you all.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"

Last edited by reeltor; 11-13-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 PM

Brandon is no longer on my Christmas card list. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-11-2009, 07:10 PM

IMO, he's got stars in his eyes about being an active part of making fisheries legislation. He's trying to navigate in that world and the vets are playing him to suit their needs. You think it's a coincidence that HE was the one that proposed these BS changes?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirt View Post
IMO, he's got stars in his eyes about being an active part of making fisheries legislation. He's trying to navigate in that world and the vets are playing him to suit their needs. You think it's a coincidence that HE was the one that proposed these BS changes?
And the MCBA boys played him like a violin.
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com
Old 11-12-2009, 01:53 PM

I almost want to have a meeting with Brandon to see this model of effort he and his Statistician buddy have developed. Plus I have heard a lot of talk about research he has gathered from fishery biologist across the United States. I would love to read these and thump on them a little to see if the stand up experimentally and fit with current literature.

Morsax, and I have put some minor mental effort into general designs of measuring Sub lethal effects. It’s not as easy as one thinks. Effort can be measured easily and quickly.
The powers to be need to continue to use there phone survey effort count. In addition, implement a hard count measurement of anglers using the resource in early season. If the numbers come back close or identical then the current method works, if there is discrepancy between the two counting methods the assumption is one method is flawed and needs to be evaluated.

I think some a scared of real meaningful numbers.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 11-12-2009 at 01:56 PM.