Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 AM

Default Late report not a bad day

Went out Saturday in Coconut Charlies tournament. Left the bodkin before sunrise and ran down to Baltimore lite area and began trolling 8 rod spread. Not long after stead was deployed 17 tony with 20 oz of weight on wire line gets nailed and Mike ( Garlein) makes short work out of one just over 23". We all thought man this is gonna be a great day! Trolled area for a few hours with plenty of action but all shorts. Began working our way north with the tide working both shallow and deep water. We were marking nice fish in with bait but just couldn't get em interested. Pulled the spread and starting running over to the Chester where we left them biting last week. Just before reaching the mouth of the river came across a field of birds working and noticed a judge in with the mix. I thought to myself if a judge is here there has got do be fish! Grabbed the glasses and saw it was Greg ( Be Faithful) jigging on the fish. We deployed the whimpy rods and I immediately hooked up with another 23. Spoke with Greg and he had pulled some nice ones from the fouray but all we could manage was unders. Ran around chasing them until we had to head in. Dale and I had to get to funeral home so had to cut day short. I guess Jay still the lucky one as every fish we caught, he was at the wheel and put us on them. Beautiful day on the water with good friends!