Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 PM

Talking

Ok, some of you know me... many of you don't. Those of you who know me, know my other nick name is "catchin' hell" and if you don't know me, you'll find out real quick why good buddies like, ohhh. MLAG *COUGH COUGH* or, DRICHITT *COUGH COUGH* call me catchin' hell. My name is Phil Bietsch (beach) and I'm from Chambersburg, Pa. ( ain't afraid to travel a ways to do a lil fishin'). I'm 24 years old, and have been married to my wife Amanda for, 2 years this spring. ( i Know, still newly weds). But anyway, I use to be an active duty United States Marine for 4 years, got out in 2008 and started college. Pursuing a degree in forest management and a minor in wildlife.
I guess I've been fishign the bay for 2 years now, and yes, I've never caught a rockfish over 39 7/8" while trolling and one over 29 7/8" while live lining. I'd like to say I have a boat, but my father ( who actually owns it) always tells me that if I want it, he'll start accepting monthly payments, insurance payments, maintenance payments, and boatel fees and I quickly agree that HE owns the boat. But we run a 24' Trophy 2359 Hardtop walkaround called "Old No.7". I'd like to say we picked up fishing on the bay naturally, but I owe all our boats success to guys like Skip and Mark who generously put up with me to attempt to teach me a thing or two about fishing the bay..Even though I decided to let go the only spot we had the first time live lining with mlag, these guys still keep askin me to go fishing! I think it makes them feel like they're really good fisherman when they get out and see me loosin fish left and right, snappin lines and missin the biggest fish of the day when it's my turn to net!

Ok, i'm off the soap box. Hope to see you all out on the water this spring!
-Phil
"Catchin' Hell"
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 PM

Phil - Now that wasn't so bad, was it. How many years you have left on probation, you left that part out....Don
Old 12-09-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No.7 View Post
I use to be an active duty United States Marine.....
Welcome to the board but I think you're in the wrong place...try this one:

Signed,

An old swabby
Old 12-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Baldzilla

Keith,
you are becoming the Mike Rose of this board...but he's already here, I see a cat fight coming!!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
Keith,
you are becoming the Mike Rose of this board...but he's already here, I see a cat fight coming!!
He is? as what? Mike Rose or ROCKSTEADY?
Old 12-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Welcome to the board but I think you're in the wrong place...try this one:

Signed,

An old swabby
LOL I don't even know who the hell you are and see, "Catchin' hell"... welcome to the club of raggin' on Phil there Slayer.. We're gonna get along JUUUUST fine. wanna go fishin?
-Phil
"Catchin' Hell"
Old 12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
He is? as what? Mike Rose or ROCKSTEADY?
I'll let you figure it out...it's not hard....
Love ya Mikey!!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No.7 View Post
LOL I don't even know who the hell you are and see, "Catchin' hell"... welcome to the club of raggin' on Phil there Slayer.. We're gonna get along JUUUUST fine. wanna go fishin?
-Phil
"Catchin' Hell"
Suuuuuuure..I've gone fishing with a few of the characters on this board...real slime balls too. Just say when!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Suuuuuuure..I've gone fishing with a few of the characters on this board...real slime balls too. Just say when!
Good luck with Keith Phil...as long as you are not jigging and want him to stop ON TOP OF the marks, you'll be good to go!!! But Keith, I agree, I was gonna invite him for a trip on my boat till I found out he was a Jar Head..I had too much of them, I got a wife to boss me around

Last edited by Baldzilla; 12-09-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:52 PM

My name is Jack Meoff and I love to fish for horndogs, conger eels, sea robins and dining on the elusive bearded clam.