Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 PM

Default Truck running boards

Long story short, I have an elderly parent now living with me, and I need to put a pair of running boards on my truck so she has access.

Can anyone recommend a place to have this done? Looking for someplace in Anne Arundel County.

Thanks, 5th
(Marty)
Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Long story short, I have an elderly parent now living with me, and I need to put a pair of running boards on my truck so she has access.

Can anyone recommend a place to have this done? Looking for someplace in Anne Arundel County.

Thanks, 5th
(Marty)
You sure it's not you!...........Gary
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
You sure it's not you!...........Gary
Well; truth be told. I normally carry on of those "little giant" ladders that can be twisted and contorted into many different designs in order to help me get into the truck; but now it's getting to difficult to keep lifting over the truck bed. So I thought running boards would be the way to go.

5th (Marty)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 02-22-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:26 AM

If you buy a set - I can help you this weekend.

Not hard at all to do - most times just 6-8 bolts per side - few holes to drill.
1st side takes one hour - 2nd side about 1/2 that.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
If you buy a set - I can help you this weekend.

Not hard at all to do - most times just 6-8 bolts per side - few holes to drill.
1st side takes one hour - 2nd side about 1/2 that.
Thanks Skip for the offer. I won't have them that early. I want to look at some boards and then decide on the ones I want.
I like the "nerf" boards, but her foot might slip and get caught between the board and the truck, so I may have to go with something that fits flush up against the body of the truck.
If you see me walking around parking lots looking at and under trucks, I'm not a peeper, just checking out your boards.
5th (Marty)
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Marty, congrats on your new Tundra. I really like mine. Did you get the 4x4 or 4x2?

My wife is after me to put running boards on my truck but I dont think I want to do it.

Check out www.autoanything.com. I have found them to have great prices and fast shipping. I may even have some coupons from buying from them in the past that i can pass along to you. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM

Marty, A Tundra ?????? You need a 2500 or 3500. how are you going to to pull that custom Judge 32’ with a 12’ beam with triple Hondas

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 02-22-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
Marty, A Tundra ?????? You need a 2500 or 3500. how are you going to to pull that custom Judge 32’ with a 12’ beam with triple Hondas
Marty, How much are you asking for that Angler. I like those new curtains............Gary
Old 02-22-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
Never thought I'd have a Japanese truck. I wanted a Ford F250 crew cab (ford didn't take any gubment money); but as soon as you hit any true crew cab, it's big bucks. Toyota has what is called a "double cab" that is more roomy than the Ford/Chevy extended cab. It was the perfect compromise. The 5.7 V8 is also a known product, where the Ford has a new engine (wheather the 5.0 F150 or the 6.2 F250). The "Yot" also has bigger brakes than the 150, so I'm hoping I gain stopping power over my current '99 F150. I didn't need 4x4, but finding a 4x2 with the options I wanted was limited. I was able to use my ambivalence for the 4x4 as a barganing chip. They really want to move what's on their lot as opposed to finding a truck for you in Delaware/Pennsylvania.
The internet pricing of vehicles through "Kelly Blue Book" or "Edmunds" was a big help. Knowing all three prices, (MSRP, Invoice, True Market Value) keeps you from getting burned too badly. I think every manufacture had extra incentives during the "Presidents Day Sale".
I've had the truck one full day, and so far it is performing flawlessly. Lou and Allan were complaining about squeezing into my regular cab F150 when we fish, so now I'll put their a$$es in the back. Allan no longer has to "sit on the hump" and share leg room with Lou (I was pretty comfortable).
All I need is running boards (4x4 is higher than my 4x2 ford) and rino linning and it's done. I do like watching my wife get into the truck with a skirt, but so would everyone else on the parking lot. And, I do have an 83 yo mother who would probably break a hip getting in the truck.
Please, no Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge vs Toyota Bull$hit. I get a new vehicle every 11 years (77 full size Chevy Blazer, 88 Chevy Minivan, 99 F150, 11 Tundra). If it doesn't hold up, I'll be disapointed and will let you all know about it. Right now, I'm happy as a pig eatting s___.
Now I have to figure out all the new buttons and switches.
5th (Marty)
p.s. I would order a new 27 Judge Chesapeake, but I heard they are not legal to tow and they bob around in the bay like a "cork".
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM

Marty,

There is an autoparts place in Edgewater, on the north bound side of Rt2, across from Chevy Chase bank (just south of the Wawa). It says "Truck'n'stuff" and ADT Auto I believe. I looked at truck caps there. Not sure if they have running boards, but it seems like the place that would. Truck cap prices were fair, but not great.

Good luck.

Bob