Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Baldzilla

Default How about we all introduce ourselves

Many of us know each other, some too well, but it is nice to know the people you are talking to...

I'm Mark Symmes, 34 years old, a 5 year old girl, almost 3 year old boy and a bun in the oven...have fished with many of the names I see on this board and would love to fish with everyone. Love to LTJ, topwater, and sometimes liveline...troll when I have to but still perfecting it...

gonna make some trips down to CBBT this year and looking for experienced ho's, got 2 kids and one on the way, so my fishing is going ot die off in Mid April when #3 arrives...if I could figure out how to post a photo here I would...

I grew up fishing Largemouth from the shore of farm ponds in NC, and Flounder, Seatrout, and Redfish with my grandfather at his place in Myrtle Beach. Been fishing the bay seriously for about 2 1/2 years now....learning every trip..

I fish off a 25 foot Judge Workboat (ie Maycraft) Pilothouse and love it...I can't stop adding new toys to it, but it's a blast to fish on. Always looking for new fishing partners...on a trailer so can fish anywhere and plan to!!

PM me if you want to fish

Last edited by Baldzilla; 11-10-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 AM

I’m Steve Goins, 47 years young, married with 3 adult children. Computer geek by trade although currently unemployed and looking…..
Born and bred on the Bay, grew up in Kent County on the ES, now live and fish near Deale.
I’m a licensed Captain and Resident Fishing Guide, run a 25 Parker Sportcabin named Sandpiper.
I do all kinds of fishing……trolling, LTJ, livelining, chumming……no real preference but whatever will put fish in the box.
Like to meet and fish with different people, have fished with quite a few on this board and made some good friendships over the years…..
#1 sidekick is JoeDaDog…..big brown goofy sandwich mooching friendly mutt who rides whenever I go out……still trying to teach him to net fish……
Let’s go fishing!
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Administrator

I am Jim Maier. I own BOE Marine on Kent Island. We do a little bit of everything but specialize in marine electronics installations and retail. We have a full boatyard now too and can perform most routine things as well as engine maintenance. We also have a new hydraulic trailer that allows us to pick any boat up to 35' from anywhere and drop it off anywhere. In the water, on blocks, whatever. I'm also dabble in web publishing. Our most successful site to date is clubsearay.com with 11K members. There is a new product we are manufacturing too - its a LED Flood Light. you can learn more about that at LunarLEDLights.com. We should be shipping the first ones anyday. Don't have much time for fishing, but when i do its on either my 1974 restored 23 Seacraft or my brothers 1976 23 Seacraft. I'm really happy to have this site for you guys and hope I can make it all you want/need it to be.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:28 AM

Good thread Mark.

My name is Don Richitt and I live in Woodbine, MD which is in the western portion of Howard County. I am 55, married with 3 adult children (30,28 & 24). I have always been self-employed. Sold my last business 4 years ago and began to enjoy an early retirement. By training I am a MD licensed CPA and still dabble in light tax work for small businesses and individuals. I owned a boat and fished the Bay 30 years ago, but once I started my business I sold the boat and stopped fishing. I picked up fishing about 2 years ago, after discovering TF, and feel like Rip Van Winkle after a 30 year nap. I have a 2008 Maycraft 25' Pilothouse and can't get enough time on the water. I have fished with many on this board and look to fish with others who will have me, or join me...Don

Last edited by drichitt; 03-07-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:31 AM

Marty Carter; live in Linthicum Maryland. Owns a 22 ft walkaround (Angler) with 200 yamaha. Retired and fishing often. Married with two grown children. Trolling, bait fishing, and livelinning are my most successful methods of fishing. Would love to learn LTJ from others on the board. Currently waiting for "Legendary Trailers" to come check out the trailer before we start heading south (Chesapeake Beach, Point Lookout) for the big fish. Boat stays in a slip on Bodkin Creek from June to November. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-10-2009, 08:54 AM

I am Richard Bagby, a 46 years old and the proud father of a little guy who is almost 4. Yes, I have a trophy wife, but not in the manner you guys are thinking. She is only 2 years younger than me, and we have been together for nearly 10 years. We live in woods near Batimore Country Club in Timonium.

I worked for the largest insurance broker in the world for 15 years and travelled constantly. Decided to start my own insurance business 2 years and only wish I had done it at 35. Quality of life is great and I am home most nights. This also gives me flexibility to fish during the week.

I have a 24 ft Judge that is kept in the water at Breezy Point. I enjoy all kinds of fishing from sitting on my pier on the Mataponi River in Virginia to trout fishing on the Gunpowder in Baltimore County. I am generally available to fish and like to do it all.

I have enjoyed getting to know some of the guys from WAF and hope to meet more. Anybody that wants to come to Breezy, shoot me a PM, or call my cell is 410-375-1199.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM

Hi, I'm Kevin Kenno, 50 and father to 2 daughters, 16 and 23 yrs.

I worked in the finacial industry for 29 yrs until Bank of America disolved our division this spring. Since then I've been fishing and helping my wife open a cake business in Rockville, Md. http://www.cakedreamsmd.com

I've been fishing the bay bridge for 35yrs and unfortunately have not fished with anyone on this site, but I have met a few of you. I currently have a 16ft cc Chawk. If you see me around the bb stop by and say hello.

Kevin
Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM

I am, well, Josh Kaptur

I'm a california native, Pennsylvania raised, but definitely call Maryland HOME 30 year old government employee. Beautiful wife of almost 10 years and no kids... yet.

I moved here in 2002 to be a high school English teacher and caught my first rockfish ever after I purchased a Hobie kayak at the DC boat show in 2006. It was 2006 Flats C&R season and was trolling a charteuse/green crippled alewife spoon in about 4-5 feet of water. The water was crystal clear and I could easily see the bottom. I trolled over a sunken tree and could clearly see several HUGE (99% of my fishing before this was flyfishing for trout or largemouth/smallmouth) fish hunkering down on it. Figured I spooked them and hand't even heard of light tackle fishing so I just trolled right over without any thought. About 10 seconds later BAAAAMMMM my wallmart-purchased shakespeare doubled over and I was confident I had hooked the tree. I spun the kayak around and was TRILLED to see that "tree" taking off like lighting to the side (the way a rockfish fights in shallow water is extra special). A few minutes later I was able to hail a nearby boat who graciously took a picture of what began the addiction:

3 years later I own a 2007 Sea Hunt 220 Escape w/ Yammi F225, and still occasionally get out in the yak. I'm a certified light tackle junkie, and fish that way 99% of the time... but it will take 50 inches on a BKD or topwater to beat that first rockfish trolled up on a spoon on the flats.

I'd also settle for a Mako or a Tuna on my boat - something we have tried 8 times in the past two years but not done successfully yet. There's nothing quite like sitting on an acre of boiling water 30 miles out of Ocean City watching 100-200 pound tuna completely air out of the water all around you... other than sticking some steel into one of them (or so I'm told)!!!!

I supplement my fishing addicition with participating in triathlons, or some might say it's the other way around. Both hobbies are weekend killers. With church on Sundays (very important to me) that usually means I'm picking between a long bike ride or a long boat ride on saturdays. I do have off every other friday from work, which helps. I often joke I should "summarize" my boat, since it gets used FAR MORE from November to April than from May to October.

Much to my HO's disappointment, I like to wakeboard and waterski almost as much as I like to fish. I'd rather jig up a trophy for sure, but in the summer you're more likely to find me at the end of a tow rope than dunking bloodworms. I think I earn my man-card back in the winter though.

Say "hi" if you see me on the water or the ramp. I love meeting new people and love introducing people to the sport. I have taken more than 30 people on their first ever LTJ trip on my boat in the past two years. All of them have caught fish and all but 4 children did it with light tackle.

Last edited by JoshKaptur; 11-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:33 PM

I'm Bill Judge the owner of Judge Yachts in Denton, Md. As most of you know we build boats from 22 to 46' or even bigger if someone wants. I fish out of the Wye River on a 36 Chesapeake and you'll mostly find me around Bloody Point light when the big fish show up. If anyone is out and want to talk fishin, boats, or just say hi, give me a call on the "Blue Moon".

Take care and good fishin,

Bill
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to mburrows

Hi,
I'm Mike Burrows, 47 and married for 26 years. 2 grown step children and 4 grandchildren (21, 19, 14, 4). 22 years in the swimming pool mgnt/service industry and now 10 years as a network geek with Marriott. I have a 21' Aquasport dual console with a 200 Yami 4 stroke and a 16' jon with a 25 4 stroke. I'll fish for anything that swims with whatever method works however topwater anything is always a thrill. Fished with a couple on the board and am always willing to fish with others. I always learn something when I go out with other people especially on their boat. Guess I'm just a HO at heart. My name on the "Other" board is mburrows870.

Mike