Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
I can certainly do that. Just a PITA trying to tally everything up. If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow afternoon on getting a small committee together I will post a poll. I hope to hear from just two people..... Hint,hint...... Marty, Garlein we live close enough to each other we could nail this down in s short time if we could get together!
Mike, I'm getting a washer/dryer delivered Saturday. Don't know when, they call when they will be delivering within the "next" two hours
But I'm not hesitant to put my thoughts out there for you to evaluate.

First and foremost, I view this as a CBA get together with a tournament thrown in as a bonus. Mike, you have been extremely generous with your time to secure a "place", arrange for slips, and donate charcoal for the cookout.
Because this is a first (fishing tournament) for CBA, I think we should keep it as simple as possible. Therefore, this is what I propose.

1) We have already set the price at $50/boat. I'm planing on three fishermen on my boat. That's $20 each (I'm making them pay for ice; I supply the boat and fuel). For $20 I really don't care if it blows 30mph and my boat stays at my marina. We will all show up at the weigh in site and cook out/drink beer and have a good time. If per chance, it should rain too hard to fish and have outdoor activities, we can still meet at the marina and we have enough cars /trucks to shuttle people to Coconut Charlie's Bar (about three miles away) for indoor drinks and conversation
2) So therefore, no rain date. Mike gave his marina a date and they were gracious enough to oblige.
3) Bring your one fish (20 inches or greater) for measurement. No weighing fish. No photo's. Stick a cooler in the trunk of your Mercedes and bring your winning fish to the marina
4) Weigh-in is 1pm. This leaves time for guys like Jason to get from South of Annapolis to the marina either by boat or car. Jeff, if I catch a decent fish before noon, I'll try to be at the marina to "get the party started" and get some coals hot. Everybody brings their own food and drink for their crew.
5) If entries are less than 10 boats; winner takes all If we have 11 or more, there will be rewards for three places.
6) If we have a Noreaster, and no one can take their boat out, we will draw names out of a hat and distribute the prize monies among the boat captains.

Remember, this is our first attempt at this. We can always take suggestions for next year (maybe a spring tournament?). Let's just use the KISS principle this year (Keep it simple stupid).
If it rains like hell and we have to hit Coconut Charlies for cover; maybe Mako Mike, Mike (garlein), and I will buy the first round

So, I think that covers everything
Mike, you are pretty much heading this thing up, but if I'm part of the "committee", these are my suggestions.
5th (Marty)
Old 11-12-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Mike, I'm getting a washer/dryer delivered Saturday. Don't know when, they call when they will be delivering within the "next" two hours

First and foremost, I view this as a CBA get together with a tournament thrown in as a bonus. Mike, you have been extremely generous with your time to secure a "place", arrange for slips, and donate charcoal for the cookout.
Because this is a first (fishing tournament) for CBA, I think we should keep it as simple as possible. Therefore, this is what I propose.

1) We have already set the price at $50/boat. I'm planing on three fishermen on my boat. That's $20 each (I'm making them pay for ice; I supply the boat and fuel). For $20 I really don't care if it blows 30mph and my boat stays at my marina. We will all show up at the weigh in site and cook out/drink beer and have a good time. If per chance, it should rain too hard to fish and have outdoor activities, we can still meet at the marina and we have enough cars /trucks to shuttle people to Coconut Charlie's Bar (about three miles away) for indoor drinks and conversation
2) So therefore, no rain date. Mike gave his marina a date and they were gracious enough to oblige.
3) Bring your one fish (20 inches or greater) for measurement. No weighing fish. No photo's. Stick a cooler in the trunk of your Mercedes and bring your winning fish to the marina
4) Weigh-in is 1pm. This leaves time for guys like Jason to get from South of Annapolis to the marina either by boat or car. Jeff, if I catch a decent fish before noon, I'll try to be at the marina to "get the party started" and get some coals hot. Everybody brings their own food and drink for their crew.
5) If entries are less than 10 boats; winner takes all If we have 11 or more, there will be rewards for three places.
6) If we have a Noreaster, and no one can take their boat out, we will draw names out of a hat and distribute the prize monies among the boat captains.

Remember, this is our first attempt at this. We can always take suggestions for next year (maybe a spring tournament?). Let's just use the KISS principle this year (Keep it simple stupid).
If it rains like hell and we have to hit Coconut Charlies for cover; maybe Mako Mike, Mike (garlein), and I will buy the first round

Mike, you are pretty much heading this thing up, but if I'm part of the "committee", these are my suggestions.
5th (Marty)
Sounds like Marty hit it on the head.
I second the motion all in favor say I.
With a vote of approval is also s confirmation of tourney entry so we can get a final count. Thanks guys ought to be a great time!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:12 PM

Will I have to get out of bed before 11 AM ?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post

5th (Marty)
I like it, I am definitely in. I assume that all waters are open for fishing and seafood store parking lots are not??

See you in the winner's circle!! (Probably from the outside looking in though)

Old 11-13-2015, 07:09 AM

Ok; so add your boat to the list.

1) Mako Mike
2) 5th Tuition (Marty)
3) Justified (Jeff)
4)
5)
6)
etc.

Keep it going.
If you sign up, we will have an "honor system"; you can bring your $50 entry to the weigh in.
5th

Just to clarify. Should the "chit hit the fan" and no boats can get out; the entry money will be distributed to the "Captain" of the boat name drawn at whatever bar we invade (probably Coconut Charlie's; Mako Mike knows the owner). Therefore, you must be present to win No sitting home in your living room and collecting prize money
5th
5th
Old 11-13-2015, 07:46 AM

I'm in!

Steve
Old 11-13-2015, 08:40 AM

4) No Ragrets (Steve)

Keep em coming
5th
Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 AM

I'm in (Tim)
Old 11-13-2015, 12:06 PM