Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2011, 08:42 PM

Monday, my Captain called and said he had an angler he needed to take out Tues. morning and did I think I could fill the remaining 5 spots. I owe so many guys a ride on my boat and never seem to be able to get them involved when I only normally take 3 guys.
A chance to invite 5 guys makes paybacks a little easier. I've fished Skip's (27 Sailfish) boat, Don's (Hunter) boat, and Mark's (Mlag) boat. Jim (2 Jims) from Marty's has been a big help to me with tackle store, and Rich (Hockleyneck) turned me on to his electronics guy to install my new FF/GPS-radio-and bilge pumps.
I know I have more "debts" to pay so I hope to do another trip like this again soon.
The day started quickly with 3 in the box, then we had a short lull and 2 more came aboard. The final fish took a while to find, and I think we may need to head south to find a better concentration next week.
All fish were good quality (avg 36-39 inches) and put up a good fight.
We had some nice whitecaps and the scotty clips had difficulty staying tight. I switched to rubberbands (#32) and still had a couple break. Learning each time out. I'll head to Office Depot and buy some 64's for those nastier days.
A great crew made my day easier. Everyone knows how to set a spread and pitch in to help. Capt. John surprised the crew with a crabcake lunch cooked onboard. Good eats, and good fishing; what could be better?
Thanks to all who jumped on a great opportunity quickly to help us fill the boat.
Til next time;
5th (Marty)