Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 AM

Default Bloody Point 12-14

Paul(onefishnfool) and Lou (bluelou) met me at Sandy Point this morning looking to get out for one final Maryland trip.

We ran down to Bloody Point, and started seeing promising bait balls so Lou and I set out the spread while Paul steered. Lou set the port side and I took care of the starboard side. With an experienced crew the spread goes out quickly and painlessly.

Not a fast and furious day, but steady action throughout the day. Remarkably the port side (Lou's side) accounted for all the landings. We landed three fish all around 40-42", one mid 30's and lost another one. All the landed fish ate white shads on bucktails and parachutes. The lost fish was on a purple head, purple shad. All hits were on the short (60' and 80') (6/2 tandem) board rods.

Fun day with good company; telling stories and trading jabs all day. Good way to end the Maryland season. I'm amazed at how fast the season goes by and looking forward to next year. Now, bring on the ocean fishery! Hope to find some tog and stripers this winter.