Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM

Location: Bowie, MD My boat lives at Serverna Park Yacht Club on the Severn River
Default Chumming the Hill 10 June 2010

First time fishing all year. Got to the boat at 7a.m. after stopping by Marty's for chum and bait. Some one really need to put a bait shop in Serverna Park. Left Severna Park Yacht basin by 7:30 and headed for the Hill. Anchored in 23ft and set out the chum and lines. The tides was going out and at 9:45 got the thump. A nice 26" to the boat. I fished till noon only had one more hit and it was a ray. Got back to the dock and cleaned the boat. Chumming sure does make a mess, but dinner will be worth it. Not many boats out there and the ones that were trolled off board the entire time.

Chad
Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 PM

I haven't seen anyone chumming at The Hill in three years. Used to be my go to, but many speculate it was " over chummed" causing algae blooms. I don;t chum anymore, but nice to see the Hill might be back. Maybe try live lining next time ???
Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 AM

What depth of water were you in? The few chumming trips I have done, the people set up in less than 25' of water have done the best. Fish seem to be shallower this year than years past (typically I would be in about 35' of water this time of year)

Thanks for the report.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Location: Bowie, MD My boat lives at Serverna Park Yacht Club on the Severn River

Blakesdad- I would love to LL have not found any spot yet so figured why not chum.

B-Faith- I was in 23ft of water. I also had 2 bags of chum one on the surface and another about 15ft down.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Thanks for the report. I hope to get out and chum this coming Wed or Thursday. I will probably go north of the bridge or the structure between number 1 and 85a