Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 AM

Default New three sided enclosure/ NOW WITH PICTURE

If you have read any of my most recent posts, you know my boat was getting new curtains. So many people recommended Jack at Boat Covers, Inc. on Kent Island; that I took the boat over for an estimate.
My boat (22 ft Angler WA with hard top) uses a lot of plastic. I have two big zippered eyes in the front window and a large eye on each side enclosure. When I open the "eyes", it's almost like no enclosure at all. Because of this, I leave all three sides up all year. The wind, weather, and trailering (yes I know I should not trailer with them up) was hard on the factory enclosure. It lasted nine years before the stiching began to degrade, the zippers started to fail, and the plastics started to turn brown and brittle at the edges.

Jack did some modifications for me. We opened the "eyes" up even more; adjusted the front for better visability around the zippers, added more security to areas where stress was added from trailering with the curtains up, and we switched from a vinal plastic to Strataglass for an even more clear visability.

Got the boat back yesterday and I am tickled with the way it turned out. I'm not much for letting others know my business. So I normally would not tell you what I paid for the work. However, I know there are others out there wondering how much it would cost to get a job done similar to mine. Total cost was $2,120. I'm very pleased with the price and the workmanship.

My friend "Lou" took his boat down and is having his 20 ft WA Key West with a soft top done. He is getting a three sided enclosure done for less than $1,000. He doesn't need as much Strataglass, or "eyes" cut and zippered into his work, hense the lower price.

So between the two of us, you can get a decent idea what your boat might cost to get redone.

p.s.
I had a rear curtain that gets very little use (two weeks in December and two weeks in March). The material was in great shape, but the plastics were sticky to the touch and hard to see through. Jack cleaned it up to looking almost brand new. The boat looks like I had new enclosure done all the way around. Takes about a week for all this to be done. Give him a call 410-827-7474.
5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canvas.jpg (49.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 06-13-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:40 PM

Location: Bowie, MD My boat lives at Serverna Park Yacht Club on the Severn River

Jack is the man. He is one guy that take complete pride in every piece of work he does. His price is very fair for the quality of work you get. Glad to hear about you experiance with him. I am look at my enclouse and admire his work.

Chad
Old 06-12-2010, 10:19 PM

Marty - Congrats on the upgrade. How about some pictures.....Don
Old 06-13-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
Marty - Congrats on the upgrade. How about some pictures.....Don
Pictures. I always have problems with loading pictures. Didn't I paint a a great picture in your mind with my scholarly words. I'll give it a try.
5th (Marty)
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 AM

I don't know how big (visable) the pic is going to be. I hope this worked.

Only took me 40 minutes and not sure if I could do it again. Thanks to the wife for helping.

5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canvas.jpg (49.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-13-2010, 10:40 AM

Did Jack move? .....He used to be in Grasonville, not on Kent Island.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:48 AM

Reds; Jack did not move. He is still in Grasonville (exit 44B). To me (a chickennecker from the western shore) Grasonville is close enough to Kent Island to lump them together. I hope I didn't mislead anyone. My INTENT was to send him business, not confuse anyone.
5th (Marty)
Old 06-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Looks nice marty! Jack does nice work!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Marty - That picture added nothing more to the vision embedded on my mind from your well written, and yes, scholarly words.....Don
Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Looks great Marty. Glad you are pleased with it. It will make a difference in the cold!...........Gary