Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2010, 10:16 AM

Default Fishing Reports

Have we become overly sensitive to posting reports? After all we fought hard last year to keep the preseason open. Of course we dont need photos or fish counts but it would be nice to see posts where people are enjoying what we worked so hard for collectively to have access to. I know I think I was being overly sensitive...

Anyhow, I have been fishing BPL area once a week and have had a lot of fun. My son's 10 year old friend, who have never caught a striper before, landed a fat 45" last sat as his first fish. I dont think he appreciated that it was probably a fish of a lifetime for many people. Most fish we caught have been cookie-cutter spring fish in the 32-34" range though. We certainly have not had hot and heavy action but have had some slow picks going. I have had some good company such as reeltor, my son and his friend. I am shooting for at least two days next week with my son off for spring break. It is a great time to see him reel in a fish.

I will also note that while the 6 rod restriction is a bit of a downer and went beyond ensuring just a low mortality rate, we have been able to find a few fish and found that it hasnt been that bad. I have been trolling one board with 5 off the board and one deep rod with an umbrella and 20oz of weight. The board rods saw 2 solo chutes and 3 tandems. It seems to work for a few fish.

I hope to see some more reports here since this is what we worked hard for to keep open. Like I said, we dont need photos or fish counts but it would be nice to hear and read of others enjoying the access and opportunity we have!

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-26-2010 at 08:57 PM.