Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 PM

It just got further out of control.

I just ordered a 48" full Rockfish mount from King Sailfish Mounts. My Dad who was 77 at the time, caught a 48" off Cove point on my old boat but we turned her loose, so the mount is actually of his fish.

I also ordered a 38" Blackfin Tuna half mount...My wife is gonna be SO impressed...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 AM

Working on another wall. Got one of two windows trimmed out, spinning rod holders up and the speaker wires ran through the walls. Ran out of cork, going to be cleaning and picking up until the UPS man comes with the next few boxes.

Still waiting on two more taxidermy fish, actually 'glass replicas based on pictures I provided to come in. One Rockfish and the other is a Blackfin Tuna.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (8.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 1 of 3.jpg (81.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2 of 3.jpg (93.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 3 of 3.jpg (85.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 AM

What happened Tawn; Did the wife "cut you off" You are spending way too much time in the garage

You have been spending your time in the garage wisely. Looks great

5th (Marty)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 AM

UPS man came with what hopefully is the last box of tiles I will need. Finished the street side wall. I want to put up old ship lights (see pic) on the exterior, but I dont know what sort of wiring I may need to do inside the wall, so Im gonna wait till it warms up when I put the lights up before I cork over the two corners.

My sister and I are big AC/DC fans, I hung the poster so that I can surround it by 8X10 framed pictures from the 30+ concerts we have been to...the only non-fishing/boating pictures that will be in the garage...lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THT 1 Part 5.jpg (76.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg THT 2 Part 5.jpg (76.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg THT 3 Part 5.jpg (67.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg lights.jpg (40.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM

Ok; all your photo's have convinced me to do the same with my garage. Now where do I put all the shovels, rakes, picks, lawnmowers, snowblower, and generators

I don't have any cork tiles, but I have a big bucket of wine corks we can use

But honestly, you can tell you serve on a sub, it looks like you are using your space to the best advantage. Keep us updated on your progress.

I spoke to a couple other CBAnglers at the MSSA Kent Island show this weekend and they say they would like to hold a meeting at your garage as well. Is it too late to add a stripper pole.

If you want; you can leave us a key to the garage and your credit card during your next deployment, and we will finish the garage for you
5th (Marty)
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 AM

My Rockfish mount came in.

30 April 2009, My father & childhood best friend came in to fish for a week. These guys are soley bass, bluegill, crappie fisherman and had never fished the bay before, let alone with boards, downriggers and all the junk we use out there...hell, our parachutes are bigger than most of the fish they are used to catching.

I had my old boat then and we trailered to Solomons and fished around Cove Point. Not long after setting lines, one of the downrigger poles went down hard. Got it out and handed it to Dad, who was 76 at the time. After some drama, we got her in the net. A real quick conversation revealed no one wanted anymore fish and no one wanted to clean it (including me) so we got a couple of quick pictures, measurements and let her go. About 48" & 44 lbs.

Fast forward 4 years. Finally got off my butt and sent the pictures, measurements and weight to King Sailfish Mounts and got a replica.

Couldn't be happier with the way it turned out!

Here it is on the garage wall, with a picture of Dad reeling it in and another of him and my best friend holding it hung beneath the mount.

Dad is now 80 and in great heath, Im trying to get him to come this spring and put a 50' on my new boat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kingsailfish Mounts Pic.jpg (21.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 AM

That's a great story. Nice looking mount. Glad your dad is in good health and I too hope he puts a 50" fish in your boat
5th (Marty)