Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Southerly - I use a Mako Magnet when shark fishing.
It gives off vibrations like a wounded fish.

The company also sells a Tuna Magnet - imitates a school of fish.
Some guys mount them inside the hull and use them when trolling.

The Mako magnet works great - I've had sharks come in from up current of the chum line and hit the magnet. Had to send 1st one back for repairs. New one is protected in a milk crate.

Sound underwater travels far. Not sure how fish hear it though.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 PM

i had no idea! it occurred to me while listening to rain minnows one early evening.

you know the smell of a small apt with a lot of cats? i've always thought the rock could smell large quantities of baitfish as the tide goes out. imagine some swimming down the channel and the smell of dinner wafting out of a river mouth or creek,...

got anything for that?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:53 PM

Check out how the King Mackerel pros troll down south.

No lie - they use an IV drip bag with Menhadden oil in it. They troll slow and the scent helps draw in fish. Might work in the bay - if you worked the current correctly.

I've often thought a huge spread of lures with rubber shads can be " felt " or " heard " by Rockfish.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:58 AM

I've got lots of upgrades and toys i want to add this year but doubt i'll get them all this year.

last year was expensive! New 2010 496 MAG MPI, new custom hard top & enclosure. That was close to $20,000 put in a 25 year old boat. Probably insane but I love my boat & that big block performance made it even better.

This year on my wish list..........

Spot light, Spreader lights, lights under hard top & under gunnel lights.
Re-do my pulpit & add a windlass
Re-do my dash & all new gauges including a new merc monitor with troll control.
Auto pilot
New HDS FF
Add some gunnel rod holders & drink holders
Set of planer boards (i'll get some from you eventually skip)
More trolling combos
add a baitwell

Money will be a little tight this year so im sure some of those will have to wait till next year. Just wish i had somewhere to keep it indoors for the winter so i could get started now.

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 01-20-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:30 AM

I'm going to add one of these.......winner!!

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...eath-beer-line
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM

I picked up my new trolling motor today. It's a Minn Kota 55AP.

Can't wait to try out the "AP" feature....AutoPilot.

Sounds like it's going to be weird getting used to the electric steering too instead of the old cable steer.....we'll see.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 AM

Default Toys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
New 55lb trolling motor is going on the front of the Cajun next week.
HEY... What kind of Cajun do you have?

I recently acquired a 190 Pro, and I'm VERY impressed with this boat, especially how well it runs through waves and chop. I test-ran this boat once, and IMMEDIATELY put the other bass boat up for sale! The difference was night and day!

I have the Minn Kota Riptide ST with Co pilot and Auto Pilot, and I am VERY happy with it. At first I didn't like the wrist controller, but after time, I've gotten used to it. Very helpful when docking, too.

I'm still finding stuff on this boat, and am looking for more info also. Maybe we can swap some notes. Feel free to email me- tonyhill@tidalwave.net

-TH
Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
HEY... What kind of Cajun do you have?

I recently acquired a 190 Pro, and I'm VERY impressed with this boat, especially how well it runs through waves and chop. I test-ran this boat once, and IMMEDIATELY put the other bass boat up for sale! The difference was night and day!

I have the Minn Kota Riptide ST with Co pilot and Auto Pilot, and I am VERY happy with it. At first I didn't like the wrist controller, but after time, I've gotten used to it. Very helpful when docking, too.

I'm still finding stuff on this boat, and am looking for more info also. Maybe we can swap some notes. Feel free to email me- tonyhill@tidalwave.net

-TH
I have the 150 Pro....small little 15 footer with a Yamaha 85hp on the back. That little boat will MOVE and you're right, they handle pretty great for their size. This forum has a lot of Cajun info, but for the most part things are drying up quick since they were bought out and the Cajun line disappeared:

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/cajun.htm

Where do you run it most of the time? I spend a lot of time on the Pocomoke River and of course out on the Magothy which is right in my back yard so to speak...

EDIT: Nevermind...I just went over there and I se that you've alreay found the place....

Last edited by Spot77; 01-28-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 AM

Here she is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cajun.jpg (22.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-28-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Goodies

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

The BEST deal I've seen for under-gunnel lights was a 12-pack of waterproof amber running lights (like for a truck or trailer) for $19.99.

I have them mounted in pairs under my gunnels, and also a pair inside the center console. VERY nice for night-time fishing. The amber color is perfect for night time. Bright enough to really see by, yet it doesn't kill your night vision. I've seen boats with the red lighting, and my eyes don't benefit very much from that color. Here is an old phone pic of my floor at night:

Probably not as nice as the strips, but NOT BAD for $20.

-TH