Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Default Trolling...

ok men, Hopefully I will do some fishing this week. Now that everyone is trolling should I use the same gear as in the spring? Big spoons and 2 umbrella rigs? I can normally only use 6 rods at a time. I will be trolling around the Brewerton Channel at the mouth of the Potapsco or possibly in front of Sparrows Point. Thank you, Bob
Old 11-14-2009, 06:04 PM

I am going out tomorrow and doing some trolling in about the same area. I will probably troll a variety of lures from smaller lures to a few larger lures, but will limit the size to 6" storm lures and 17 Tonys.

If we were further down the bay, I would opt larger, but not in our area. I will post how I did and I will bmail you where we were at so you have some idea where to go or not go depending on how we do.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:13 PM

What Phil said!!!!! I don't think the big cows are up that far in any numbers. I would stay with 6 inch lures as the largest. I catch lots of big cows on 6 in. lures in the spring. Look at my post about trolling around love point/chester river. I have my spread posted later in the post. This has worked well for me the last month both above the bridge and south of it around West River. If you go further south, below Ches. Beach, then I would bust out the nine inch shads and parachutes. Best of luck, 5th (Marty)
Old 11-14-2009, 06:27 PM

What is the old saying elephants eat peanuts , that is why I use the smaller lures.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:36 PM

If you look at that "OTHER" board; you will see that Steve F had a great day in the patapsco catching around 75 fish (ltj) that were about 25 inches. These are the size fish I have been getting above the bridge. Also on that other board; someone had no luck trolling out of Breezy. They found lots of grass on their lines. So if you go, keep checking your lines and be on the lookout for trash in the water.
I'll be out later this week (tuesday?) and will post my results. All of my posts will be on this board; I will only lurk on the old board. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Marty and Phil, I didn't get out this weekend but I am shooting for Tues. also. If I can finish the engine and it runs I'll be out there. I can call you on 68? Thanks again, Bob
Old 11-15-2009, 08:38 PM

I'm south of the bridge but in the fall I always troll a combination of larger and smaller baits......big fish are nice for bragging rights but the mid twenties footballs make for better eating IMHO.
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com