Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Default Friday Evening

Along with fellow fisherman Spot77 ran into a few breaking stripers in Belvadere this evening around 5 or so....Pulled in about a half a dozen around 18 or so inches...Was lots of fun....No major size, but still a lot of fun...

They were hitting the standards...Hopkins was the favorite....Also hit 3" storm shads....Not trolling just casting and jigging....

Bay was a mess for most of the afternoon...Didnt really look like there were many people out from the bridge to Hart Miller....

Lookin forward to a repeat this weekend....
Old 11-21-2009, 02:22 AM

I was out there from 7 - 11:30 before haveing to go to work.

Came out of back river and Figured i would go up in the patapsco after stopping at 7 ft knoll but the wind was coming straight out of the river and was a bit rough.

Even though i was marking some fish in the channel edges , decided to run south towards the magothy for a lil wind block.

Wasnt marking anything at all and went to the mouth of the severn and still wasnt marking much.

Started to go east but it was getting to rough and i headed back up the bay back to the mouth of the patapsco and found good marks again.

With not much time i just tried to jig the channel edges but not any takers.

Started seeing some bird action on schoolies that were moving quick up the river but i had to go to work then.

Wasted alot of gas and no fish for dinner
I checked the patapsco buoy data this morning and should have rolled back over and went back to sleep after seeing 17 knot winds .... lol .... but figured i could find some wind break with a wnw wind.

I'll be out all day saturday and sunday too hoping for some better action.
i figure i only have a couple more weeks before i have to pull the boat out and trying to get out as often as i can.

By the way ..............My 1st post here and Loving the new site.

Only been fishing the the bay for a couple years and ive learned more this year from all the good info and reports from the forums.

Hopefully one of these days i'll be able to contribute with some successful reports!

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 11-21-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:58 AM

CR - We had the same issue with the birds; they were moving really fast and we couldn't get to them quickly or quietly enough.

Turns out it didn't matter though because Garlien put us on a bunch of small fish, and did it without any electronics (We got sloppy-ass wet crossing the bay and we think the inline fuse to the gps/finder got wet.)

As I tied on my Hopkins, the first I'd ever bought, I was complaining about the nearly $8 price tag. Well it was worth every penny to me as we caught about 1/2 dozen fish with it. Nothing of any real size, but on a nasty day like yesterday I was ecstatic to have caught anything.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:16 AM

Mike; glad you made it over to the new board. Just got my trailer serviced yesterday, so I will be pulling it from the slip and trailering south from now till the end of the season. I'm fighting a cold right now, so it may not get pulled until next week. Glad to see a post from you. 5th (Marty)