Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM

Default Brickhouse Bar to 84A on 12/11

Well...the secret weapon paid off on the JUSTIFIED today. Had the pleasure of fishing with the 5th and Just Chillin today. A buddy of mine and I picked them up at SPSP at 7:30 and we headed south to Brickhouse Bar. Wind a little more than forecasted (there's a first) but eventually got boards out and 19 rods and headed south.
Caught a 35" near 84A on a white tandem back 14 bars. Shortly afterwards, in the same area picked up a 23" off a chart Umbrella back 12 bars with 10oz. Things starting to look good. Got a call from a buddy they were getting a few further North so back up there I take us. Left biting fish to find fish? (Shame on me). Did manage a nice knockdown on another umbrella in the mouth of EB but didn't come tight.
Pulled lines at 3 to get back to the slip before the Sun set.

All and all not a barn burner of a day but still the best day I have had on the new rig! Thanks to the gents from the Western Shore for all their help! You did a great job with the limited stuff that I provided. Hopefully we can do it again in the spring when I have things a little better dialed in.

The catch of the day- not sure why we are shown upside down but I guess it's better that's it is only the picture upside down and not the boat! (Again)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (45.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Jeff; I was waiting for you to post first. Thanks for the invitation.

Allan (just chillin) and I were to meet Jeff on his new 36 Judge at 7:30am at Sandy Point. Allan and I got there a little early and there was only one trailer in the parking lot. However, ther was a large research ship tied up to the dock. We watched for a while and I saw a young lady jump on board. Allan assured me he saw two young ladies on board, so we drove over to check it out. Indeed there were two young ladies onboard, but we got stuck talking to a couple of the male crew. They were headed out to take sediment samples from the bay bottom. They had dozens of coolers and buckets stacked on the stern. Looks like they were in for a muddy day on the water.

Jeff slid past the ship on his way in the SP cut and I snapped a quick pic of him sliding in the harbor (Photo). That's one sick looking ride he has there.
We ran south (and I mean ran) at about 25 knots, dodged a few nets and started dropping lines near Kentmore.

Jeff has some sweet "Judge" rods. 5'6" rods with 6 or 7 eyes and nice metal rod seats. We quickly set some of the rods he had rigged with tandem parachutes. Allan and I started making more tandems with some of the lures he had stored away, and before you know it, we had 7 rods off each board. The spread needs to be fine tuned with some different weight lures, but at least we were covering some water.

With 6 umbrellas and a center deep rod, the makeshift spread was complete.

The main purpose of the day was to check out Jeff's ride. My eyes were all over her like a stripper on a pole. She rides as softly as Capt John's 46 Markley and leaps when the throttle is pushed!!

If that third fish had stayed tight, we would have had an excellent day fishing. However, you can't only judge () a day by fish in the box. Sometimes you are justified () to call it a great day simply by spending time on the water with good friends, good food (twizzlers), and good humor.

Thanks Jeff, I can't wait until you splash her again next spring.
5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36Judge.jpg (13.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Frank.jpg (15.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg F&J.jpg (20.0 KB, 31 views)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 AM

Oh that IS a pretty boat.....would look better without the ugly toads onboard though.

Jeff I think you made a friend for life with Marty, if you hadn't already beforehand.

It's nice to see fish getting caught further north than Point Lookout.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Jeff,
Congrats on the slimey deck. It sure makes the winter shorter when you can get out in December.
Bruce
Old 12-12-2012, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Marty may like me but I doubt his wife does!! Last thing I heard when she called him was her yelling "you're not getting a new Judge!!!" I figure another trip or 2 and he'll HAVE to get a new one... probably a package deal even - a 36' and a divorce. Just Chillin even offered to take his 27' off his hands for him! What are friends for after all?

I truly enjoyed the day and catchin' a few nice fish surely helped too. Thanks again!

The shortier of the 2 toads
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great day on the water with good company. Congrats on the new boat. That's a really sweet ride.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 AM

I zoomed in on the original photo and then saved it. I figured if Jeff could "photo shop" a green wreath with a red bow on the side of his boat, it would make a great Christmas card.

5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg close up 36.jpg (19.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 12-13-2012, 04:30 PM

Congrats on getting fish box dirty - now you know she catches fish.

Think she was just teasing you a few trips before giving up some fun.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:47 PM

Marty- thanks for the suggestion but with the new boat payment, I can't afford postage!

Skip- she has caught a few here and there but Marty put us on the biggest to date (35"). Sometimes coming in with an "empty" cooler means at least your crew had a fun filled day (hiccup)

Tomytek- thank you, we REALLY love it!!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM

Jeff sorry it took so long for the reply don't get on here a lot anymore since winter is among us now guess i'll find a little more time to get on the computer. Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for the invite the boat is awsome it so unbelieveable the power and ride she has. Congrats on the boat it was well worth the wait. Can't wait til spring hope we can all get out again. Just hoping that it is as good as last year up north here again. See you guys soon Alan