Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM

Default Chesapeake Beach June 15

I fished out of Chesapeake Beach with my buddy Paul. While we were loading the boat, I noticed that my HDS was missing. I forgot it in the garage. Oops! We went out anyways. We were blind fishing today. Well, sort of. There was a fleet anchored right out front, so we anchored up around them and caught enough spot for the two of us to live line. Small croaker and perch also mixed in. Then proceed across to the Eastern Shore and found another fleet in a popular area. We anchored inside of the fleet and started live lining. It didn't take long to hook up with the first fish. We missed a few and jigged up a few dinks. Our limited was filled in a little over an hour and a half. We were done by noon and jigged a little more, but only managed more dinks. Below are a few pics.

Here's a shot of the fleet.

This one had some interesting stripes.

This guy was quite hungry.

Two person limit.

This was a 25 inchers stomach. Guess what's inside.

A 4-5 inch spot inside.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 AM

Could you imagine if we all had to go without electronics? What a nightmare that would be. They have come so far over the years- color, 3D, side/down scan,ect. I am glad I am on the top of the food chain!

Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 PM

Way to go Tommy!! Easy fishing
Old 06-18-2013, 05:29 PM

Nice work Tommy....we fished two trips Saturday and one Sunday. Struggled Sunday. A lot of run offs but the fish never came tight. The spot we are catching are awful big for 20-24" fish. I just don't think they are getting them far enough down their neck to hook up consistently no matter how long we let them run.

The Captain I work for hates treble hooks but I snuck some small #4s onboard Sunday in hopes of overcoming the large spot - smallish rockfish problem. Murphy's Law struck...within a hour a customer had one in his leg and the treble hooks went over the side!

Fortunately, I'm well versed in the ER procedure of getting a hooks out using a length of 80lbs mono.

We ended up trolling on the Western side to get the rest of our fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hook in ankle.jpg (35.7 KB, 6 views)