Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 PM

Default "Justified" one class act!

I had an invitation to fish with Jeff on his boat this afternoon. He has been having success with trolling hoses and this is one lure I try to avoid. He was willing to run from the eastern shore over to Mikes Crab House in Pasadena to pick me up and "show me the ropes" of trolling hoses.
This is "gentleman" fishing. I get picked up at 11:30am, we go get lunch, then head off to put some fish on the deck
I'm guessing we dropped lines around 1:30 and immediately drop two fish on the deck (28,26). A couple of charter captains he knows call to tell him they are on fish south of us. What else could we do, we head south. The ole saying of "never leave fish to find fish" comes into play we have a lull in the action. Got tired of making circles for one small rock and a blue, and we head back to where we caught our first fish.
The action comes fast an furious and we drop another bunch of nice fish on the deck. We only kept three nice perfectly clean stripers for the cooler, so C/R came into play.
Jeff returned me to Mikes pier where we fillet the fish and I put the filets into two bags (one more me,one for Jeff and his guests). I had taken my cooler for fish and Jeff had a cooler for water, beer, and gator aid. I was taking my cooler with ice and fish home, so I suggested Jeff put his filets in one of my half empty ice bags and put them in his cooler
Now here's where I find out what a class act Jeff is. He says, "I don't want to put that fish ice bag in with the drinks". WTF, drinks that don't taste like fish; what's that all about?
All kidding aside, Jeff has a sweet ride and keeps it spotless. I appreciate him showing me his technique with hoses. I'll be digging through all my old tackle looking for red hoses (I know I have some somewhere).
Great day with friends on a flat calm bay. The Orange Crushes dockside put an exclamation point on the end of the day.
Thanks Jeff, looking forward to fishing with you again soon. See, chickenneckers and eastern shore guys can get along
5th (Marty)'
Old 08-07-2014, 08:35 PM

I won't even let Margaret put a tuna fish sandwich in there!!! Thanks for coming along today; it was great catching up. My guests from Michigan had an AWESOME time and you are certainly at least partially to blame!

Hopefully this "young" dog taught you a trick or two! Can wait to see your flag!

Last edited by Chessie27; 08-07-2014 at 08:50 PM.