Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Default pet peeve

Not many reports due to the wind (I hope). So here is at least something to look at and respond to. What is your pet peeve? You know, something that really doesn't mean much. It is really quite insignificant, but irks you just the same.

I hate the fact that you can't "channel surf" anymore. It seems that all the TV stations have syncronized their commercials. When the remote control first came on the market, many husbands would surf to see what was on other stations. But now, all you get is more commercials.

It's not worth pissin off the old lady anymore. So now I have to hit the "guide" button and see what's on other channels. Surfing channels just ain't what it used to be.

What's your pet peeve?

5th (Marty)
Old 09-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Wow; I heard the guys that came over to this board were a bunch of A-hole roudy troublemakers; but that's not the case. Why evidently, those on this board don't even have any pet peves.
5th
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Wow; I heard the guys that came over to this board were a bunch of A-hole roudy troublemakers; but that's not the case. Why evidently, those on this board don't even have any pet peves.
5th
Ok I'll go. Weathermen who post a small craft advisory and completely ruin our business when the bay is flat calm. Christy
Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 PM

Hey Christy; that's a good one. Weathermen piss me off too. They are like the government, you can't trust them anymore. I'm used to them building up a small snow storm to seem like we are about to get dumped on by 3 feet of snow; but now I can't even believe them when it comes to hurricans.
I thought little kids and fishermen exagerated; but now it carries over to weathermen as well.
I have to laugh. I don't know what channel it is but poor old Rob Roblin (not a weatherman, just a reporter) would always be the guy standing in 2 ft of snow with a yardstick to check the depth. He was always covered in snow and cold as hell. If a noreaster hit Ocean City, Rob was standing on the beach with sand blowing 35 mph in his face and rain coming down sideways, and finally, when the polar bear plunge takes place at Sandy Point, wouldn't you know it, there was Rob running out of the water with blue balls and a shrunken d^ck to report about how cold the water was.
That man deserves an emmy for his years of reporting in Baltimore.
5th (Marty)
Old 09-10-2010, 10:13 PM

OK; here's another one. Who the heck put up an O'Maley and Brown "pop up" on the board.
Note to moderator; don't go pissin off half (I hope it's more) your clientel. Bad business move. I know it's a business and you want to accept any and all advertising; but you might want to stay away from politics and religion on the pop ups.
I hope the next pop up isn't asking for donations to the Mosque near ground zero.
More pet peeves please.
5th (Marty)
Old 09-10-2010, 10:40 PM

I go fishing with a guy who I shal NOT OUT, but he Never uses dock lines when we launch his boat! WTF. I have to stand there holding his T-Top while he parks the truck and takes a visit to the porta-potty ect. I asked him why, and he just says hold the top.
Gona bring my own rope next time.

TED
Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 PM

Night Nurse; next time he leaves you holding the t-top and he goes off to the men's room; just piss in his boat. Tell him you just couldn't hold it any longer, and if he had dock lines, you could have both went to relieve yourselves.

p.s.
We are up to three different O'Malley pop ups. After reading them, I might just have to vote for this guy. NOT
Let him sing for his supper from now on.

5th (Marty)
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
OK; here's another one. Who the heck put up an O'Maley and Brown "pop up" on the board.
Note to moderator; don't go pissin off half (I hope it's more) your clientel. Bad business move. I know it's a business and you want to accept any and all advertising; but you might want to stay away from politics and religion on the pop ups.
I hope the next pop up isn't asking for donations to the Mosque near ground zero.
More pet peeves please.
5th (Marty)
The only business move you get to make with O'malleys crew is hanging an out of business sign. Maryland is killing small business.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:04 PM

I hate when two lanes of traffic merge into one and people come flying down the lane that merges and expect the people who have been waiting in the right lane to let them in. Good luck gettin in on me. I don't leave a red cun* hair between me and the guy in front of me...........Gary
Old 09-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Gary; I hear ya man. Luckily I'm retired and don't have to fight traffic like I used to, BUT; I think the best example of what you're talking about is headed toward the bay bridge on rt 50 just past the parole exits when you get to the severn river bridge. The right hand lane disapears at the bridge. Everyone knows this but some people just have to run all the way to the bridge and try to merge. It's especially troublsome when towing a boat and you try to leave some extra room for breaking, they duck into the "hole" all the time.
5th (Marty)