Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Default North of the Bridge Blues

Headed out yesterday hoping to get some blues but did not want to go to far south...Tried for 30 to 45 minutes (using fresh cut Menhaden)...Decided to head towards the bridge and setup on the eastern pilings north side where the 40 something foot edge falls down to about 19....Within minutes the first blue hit...I was using 5 rods at one point and then my son and I had to put three away...Like a good school of blues they just kept hitting...Finally we switched to a pair of 4 and a half foot ultra lights and had a blast for about 2 hours....Most were between 12 and 16 inches...Tons of fun and no bite offs .....

Left there after we saw some birds closer to the center of the bridge...Next time I will use binoculars, they ended up being a crap ton of ducks, only some bait and no bites...

Said the heck with this and headed up to Baltimore light where I found a nice pod of bait and continued to get blues on Menhaden...again, tons of fun....

Was starting to get dark and we headed home, at the last minute I said lets get some perch and we nailed them off of Bodkin Point...and got one channel cat before we headed in...

Ended the day with a half dozen stripers largest was 20"...More blues than anyone could count, dozens of perch, and one lone channel cat.

All in all one heck of a fun day....
Old 09-10-2015, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the report, sounds like a Great trip.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:27 PM

How's the air conditioning

Glad to see you enjoying your new boat.
5th