Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 AM

Default Think Rt 50 is Nifty.. Think Again...

Just a heads up for you folks headed to Eastern shore for some fall fishing.. It took me SIX God Damn hours to get home last night from Ocean City

Everything was " normal" for a Sunday afternoon, but the construction at 50 and 301, westbound caused a 12 mile back up, which took two hours to get through

Did some research this morning, you can read here:

http://www.myeasternshoremd.com/news...9bb2963f4.html

Im curious if theres " alternatives" to get home, since I really like fishing the Eastern Shores of Virginia, but will think twice before going, until this bridge replacement is completed.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Just a heads up for you folks headed to Eastern shore for some fall fishing.. It took me SIX God Damn hours to get home last night from Ocean City

Everything was " normal" for a Sunday afternoon, but the construction at 50 and 301, westbound caused a 12 mile back up, which took two hours to get through

Did some research this morning, you can read here:

http://www.myeasternshoremd.com/news...9bb2963f4.html

Im curious if theres " alternatives" to get home, since I really like fishing the Eastern Shores of Virginia, but will think twice before going, until this bridge replacement is completed.
We were coming home from OC around 12:30 yesterday. Some friends texted us to say there was a 35 minute backup at the Queesnstown outlets, so we hit 213 north to 301 and then got right by it. Only took us 5 minutes out of our way.

But I imagine as the day got later that backup stretched further and further back, making a turn on 213 impossible.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM

The Nascar race was at Dover , Del on Sunday. That always makes for back ups.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
We were coming home from OC around 12:30 yesterday. Some friends texted us to say there was a 35 minute backup at the Queesnstown outlets, so we hit 213 north to 301 and then got right by it. Only took us 5 minutes out of our way.

But I imagine as the day got later that backup stretched further and further back, making a turn on 213 impossible.
There are a couple of back roads that one can take off of 404 (outside of Denton) to end up on 301. Probably 20 min longer then 213 but it beats sitting in a back up.

Rt 313N.....to Union Rd.... to Bridgetown Rd. ... To Ruthsburg Road...To 301....Watch the speed limits and the local leo's.

If your coming up 50 there are some back roads outside of Easton that will get you to Rt 313n or 213 to 301. One is Cordova Rd to RT 309.....to RT 213....To 301

Last edited by reds; 10-02-2012 at 05:17 AM.