Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2016, 12:09 PM

Default New electronics

Just ordered the HDS9 with side and down scan from Jim at BOE marine. Marty was kind enough to let me know about a sale they were having on the Gen2 series and the price was too good to turn down. Anyone needing an upgrade now is the time. I figured that since boat was indoors this winter and giving her a face lift now was the time. Unfourtunatly existing radar dome is not capatable with the new power head so I will need to replace that in the future. If anyone is looking to add radar to an older existing system let me know because I would like to sell the radar dome and module in order to offset the cost of a 3G or 4G radar. Can't wait to get it installed and check it out. With the side scan I will be able to catch them fish that swim sideways!
Old 01-22-2016, 12:17 PM

Good to know. I just told a guy on my last trip to check out the Garmin Ecomap for a 9" screen under $1200 but the 9" HDS lowrance is radar capable so I will email him about the sale.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:34 PM

Keep eye on side scan and jot down numbers if you find anything that looks " interesting " on side scan but not on charts.

I love to dive and explore stuff like that - willing to trade numbers of stuff I've found.

One tip- go super slow - like 1/2 knot to really " see " structure with side scan unit.

Once you get hang of it - you'll love it.