Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2010, 01:30 PM

Default Solomon's wrap up for spring 2010

Had a lucky day Saturday in a few short hours. The crew of three managed some nice fish to end the spring trolling season. Set the lines at 6:30 - 7:00 and had an immediate hit, a nice 36”. With the rising sun winds were steadily building until close interval white caps were the norm. The winds kept increasing and shifting, until the boat was rocking and rolling becoming increasingly annoying. With it being snotty and having a fish in the box we decided to pull the lines and head in. As we were pulling the lines we had a double hook up, a nice 32” and 30” to end the spring season. All fish caught on light rigs with Mylar close to the boat on planer lines in deep water on the channel edges.

Said fare well to our short term marina home in Solomon’s and placed the old girl back on the trailer. Pulled her back to her Anne Arundel home and washed the scum line off and started preparing for our next trip. “Chesapeake Beach”!!!!.

Then we will be launching out of Sandy Point harassing the northern bay population of fish.

Since it was our last Rock trip for awhile we kept the meat for the table. While cleaning the fish I opened the stomachs to see what was inside. I wanted to see these may worms everyone has been speaking of. These fish had nothing in there stomachs they looked healthy but they were empty as far as food.

DNR if you’re reading, it was a tough season with a lot of days not fishable due to weather. I have a boat that will take a beating, and I was pushed off the water few days. I am positive the smaller boat with less displacement had a rough time getting out. DNR please remember a lot of anglers can only fish weekends due to work and trying to earn a living. Anglers definitely had limited opportunity to experience the spring season in there own vessel.

Good luck gang.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 05-18-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 PM

Glad you finished with a double hookup. Sounds like you had a better spring than I did. I guess you had out more "fish nut" lures out than I did.
5th (Marty)
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 PM

Agreed, congrats on the season...I am hoping the warmer temperatures will bring some more fish up north...I had one heck of a fall, in a good way, and one hell of a spring, in a bad way...

Here's to hoping June is a lot better for all of us !
Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 PM

Glad you got the three. Something positive to give an indication of the months to come??

I know what you mean about those empty stomachs. I cleaned a few like that this year too. From what I was told, fish like that are fresh from the spawning grounds. Probably picked up a few coming out of the pax or something. Anyway, I'll be pestering you about some more mylars!

Keith
Old 05-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Nice going Robb and nice talking with you and your Dad at the MSSA meeting last night....Don
Old 05-19-2010, 06:50 AM

Don, we have had a great experience in Solomons for the past two years.

This is the marina we stayed at. http://www.springcovemarina.com/

The facilities, owner and staff at this marina are top notch. They make it easy to enjoy fishing and enjoy the facility.

I am back north now. I will see everyone on the water.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot