Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM

Thumbs up Crabbing 6-19 & 6-20

Late Crabbing report. With it being fathers day weekend I decided to give crabbing a try in the little Carolina skiff. Saturday my father and I were on the road at 3:00am to our secret crabbing grounds on the western shore. We had our line in at the earliest legal time and snagged a bushel by 8:00am . I pulled the line and back to the driveway by 10:00am. Fathers day present number one complete. On Sunday my wife was harassing me to spend some time with her. Since she just passed her boating safety course, I was able to convince her we could go crabbing spend time together and get her father some crabs. This time I wanted to try one of my old crabbing hunts on the eastern shore. Alarm went off at 3:30am and we were shortly making our way across the bay bridge (Ouch 9.00 dollar toll) Made it to the ramp and I was informed that I was not the captain today and my job was to sit down and behave myself. I was also informed on multiple occasions that the boat had a short plank. The tide wasn’t moving much and the new captain of the boat was missing some crabs. My new position as mate and line puller didn’t afford me the opportunity to comment on the captains dipping skills. I sat patiently and drank a beer at 6:00am, at least if I was drinking a beer my big mouth wouldn’t get me keel hauled. The first thing I noticed was the crabs on the eastern shore were bigger than the crabs on the western shore. My wife was having a great time averaging 4- 6 nice crabs a run. She filled the basket by 9:30am. This was perfect timing and allowed us to get off the water before the blistering heat arrived. My wife had a blast crabbing and made her sisters envious when she showed up at her fathers house with a bushel of crabs.

Two days crabbing and two bushels of crabs.

Both days we caught a lot of small crabs which is a great sign for later in the season.

Tonight I goingto my fathers house for a crab cake dinner

Good luck gang…..

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 06-23-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Awesome news !

Going to try to find some this weekend...

I have always crabbed on the eastern shore....

I hope I have luck finding a spot for some crabs on the western shore...Heck a couple of dozen and I would be the happiest guy on the water...