Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Default A Rainy 9/12 trip

With my bride and her cousin, No Ragrats, the JUSTIFIED hit the water for the first time in probably 2 months on the hunt for Rockfish. While leaving our neighborhood, I was telling No Rags "we got skunked last 2 times out, 3rd times a charm". Literally within 3 seconds of that statement leaving my mouth, the stench of a skunk hit my nostrils! Was this a sign?? Turn around and go back to bed?? We decided to trudge on.
Off Rock Hall, we found the birds!! Lots and lots of them. Several small rock were breaking and a few blues mixed in. We ran 7 boat rods rigged with a mix of spoons and hoses, planers and weights, and ended up catching 8 decent sized blues and 10 or 12 rock but no keepers. Fished inside the mouth of the Chester to Hodges Bar. Found some bait but not a ton of fish marks. Handful of boats out there but didn't see and monster fish caught. Fished 7a - 4p and came home with the blues for my buddy's smoker.
Highlight of the trip? Backing into the covered slip from inside the cabin while the skies opened up and we all stayed bone dry. (I mean, besides spending all the quality time with family of course )

Back out Tuesday afternoon for a tournament for families of fallen police officers.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:35 PM

If you ask his bride....Jeff always has the boat going in the wrong direction and that is why we weren't smoking the keeper Rockfish.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ragrets View Post
If you ask his bride....Jeff always has the boat going in the wrong direction and that is why we weren't smoking the keeper Rockfish.
Well no one asked "his bride" !!!