Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-31-2014, 06:22 AM

Default Friday upper bay

Fished on my friends 21 Sea Pro Friday. Trolled from Swan Point to Love Point and across to the Magothy. Nada. Water was 2 feet above normal at high tide in the morn. and it rolled out all day. Water looked like puke and lots of logs and tree limbs to dodge all day long. I guess we should have gone bottom fishing for Mike's Croakers.
If you go out this weekend keep an eye out for floating junk.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 05-31-2014, 09:36 AM

Bruce,

I am not sure targeting hardheads would have made much difference yesterday.

Scott and I had a couple of hours in the evening, same area as the other night, not so much luck...we got a few perch and one striper for our efforts.

Still a lot of smaller debris in the water, although it did not look so bad. Seemed liked the current never really got going...also took a look at the buoys and the salinity numbers, they are very low...guessing that has something to do with the hit or miss catching that we have been seeing.

Not sure I will get out today, but definitely will tomorrow...hopefully with better news...
Old 05-31-2014, 09:49 AM

Ouch, things are wide open from in front of CB and south to Flag Harbor on the western side (still breaking fish). The Eastern side in front of Tilghman is also very productive (bait flipping on the surface).

I have very few reports above the Bridge but I will be wet slipping my boat when I return from the sailing trip I'll be scouting from Rock Hall to Thomas Point.
My hope is that the spot are in heavy enough to start working the bridge pilings during the week when I get back. My luck, the bite will be in Eastern Bay (reachable, but expensive)

Jim Catterton (Power Play) is detailing my boat while I'm gone, so look for a bright white 27 with light blue curtains on the water
5th