Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Here she is:
Spot,
Nice boat! I bet that 15-footer will MOVE!!! I'm also guessing that she is really great on fuel economy. It's amazing how a good hull design changes how a boat rides and handles, although they all mostly look the same.

The bass boat I sold was 15' with a 70 HP on the back, and she would do about 50. That speed was a little scary in that boat. But 10 gallons of gas literally ran her all summer! I mostly ran the trolling motor while fishing, but it was still very good on gas.

I live close to Lake Anna, so that's where I am most of the time. So far, so good. Lots of bass, catfish, crappie and so on, and recently, I discovered the stripers. Pretty cool to catch them in fresh water. I plan to learn more as I get out there more.

-TH
Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM

Thumbs up Goodies

Oh yeah... what goodies am I going to put on my boat?

My boat has a wide transom notch, capable of twin engines. Sometimes, a wave will hit the transom just right and get your feet wet. Annoying!

I'm going to add transom splash guards. I've done this before, and they work GREAT! (An idea for any of you with simple, notched transoms, like on the Parker SE's)

Here is a pic of the Aquasport's splash guards:

Here is a pic of the splash guards I put on the Bluefin:

It's easy to do, you only need a little plexiglass, aluminum angle, silicone and fasteners. Takes perhaps an hour, and you will be glad you did. I would have done this a long time ago, but it doesn't happen often, so was not a priority.

-TH
Old 01-29-2011, 06:36 PM

My trailer got some love today. We put new leaf springs on it and cut out an old rusty fender, then welded a new one in place. Need some warm wether so I can paint it black to match.....
We hat to torch off a few of the bolts holding the springs in. They were the originals from 1993.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00351-20110129-1105.jpg (83.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00349-20110129-0952.jpg (78.3 KB, 2 views)