Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2009, 02:56 PM

Greg & Steve - Thanks for posting. It is my hope that those who wish to engage in these discussions can do so civilly and with respect for other viewpoints, whether we agree with them or not. And like Bug Guy posted, provide a link (if requested) to support a fact or data quoted, so others can review to see if they come to the same conclusion. I am also in favor of knowing who I am having a discussion with, so I know if there is any agenda possibly being pushed. I have no interest in getting sucked into any conservation discussion if I don't know who is on the other side of the keyboard; waste of time. If someone insists on joining in to stir things up and not 'introduce themselves', I will include them on my 'ignore list'. There is a lot of stuff going on in this country that promises to impact the recreational fisherman profoundly in the near future. Some of the members already signed up on this board have tremendous backgrounds to provide this community with quality information about what is going on and the science being used to support the various causes.

I also hope that any fishing reports not receive any ill-willed comments, as these are what discourage future reports. I will be the first to call out a member for dumping on a fishing report and come to the support of the original poster.

I would also like to apologize to Mark (Baldzilla) and Martin (Joe Dirt) for my part in the latest bickering display that took place on this board. Their concerns are not without justification, so I understand why they feel the way they do. This community will need to do some self moderating for awhile, at least until it grows. So I hope others will not shy away from speaking up where they feel a moderating voice can possibly keep a thread from spinning out of control...Don

Mark and I have agreed to delete all posts involed in the bickering.

Last edited by drichitt; 12-22-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Baldzilla

We don't all have to agree, but we need to keep it better than TF. Open discussion on disagreements solved rationally and unlike Don/Martin/My discussion will separate this place from TF. I also apologize to Don openly and we should have discussed it behind the scenes.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
Greg & Steve - Thanks for posting. It is my hope that those who wish to engage in these discussions can do so civilly and with respect for other viewpoints, whether we agree with them or not. And like Bug Guy posted, provide a link (if requested) to support a fact or data quoted, so others can review to see if they come to the same conclusion. I am also in favor of knowing who I am having a discussion with, so I know if there is any agenda possibly being pushed. I have no interest in getting sucked into any conservation discussion if I don't know who is on the other side of the keyboard; waste of time. If someone insists on joining in to stir things up and not 'introduce themselves', I will include them on my 'ignore list'. There is a lot of stuff going on in this country that promises to impact the recreational fisherman profoundly in the near future. Some of the members already signed up on this board have tremendous backgrounds to provide this community with quality information about what is going on and the science being used to support the various causes.

I also hope that any fishing reports not receive any ill-willed comments, as these are what discourage future reports. I will be the first to call out a member for dumping on a fishing report and come to the support of the original poster.

I would also like to apologize to Mark (Baldzilla) and Martin (Joe Dirt) for my part in the latest bickering display that took place on this board. Their concerns are not without justification, so I understand why they feel the way they do. This community will need to do some self moderating for awhile, at least until it grows. So I hope others will not shy away from speaking up where they feel a moderating voice can possibly keep a thread from spinning out of control...Don
Let me introduce myself.

My screen name is Heimdall. I am a charter captain. Been one for a long time.

Now here is the reason why you are not going to get my name.

Plain and simple, I don't trust anyone to act like a rationale person and not do things that would jeopardize my family or my business.
It's been done to a few of my friends on Tidal Fish because my friends opinions and views on fish politics were different

Sorry but that's the way it's going to be.

Let me also say, I will treat everybody with the same respect they show me.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday.

Last edited by heimdall; 12-22-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimdall View Post
Let me introduce myself.

Plain and simple, I don't trust anyone to act like a rationale person and not do things that would jeopardize my family or my business.
It's been done to a few of my friends on Tidal Fish because my friends opinions and views on fish politics were different

Heimdall,
That is understandable. I'd like to know who you are because you are so active on the topic, and honestly I'd charter with you, if for nothing but a face to face discussion on issues, but a respect for privacy is understood. My income is not based on what a bunch of people on an internet message board do or say, so I understand. I gotta say I'd like to have your perspective on the board if we can keep it much better than TF got. You bring information a lot of us are not privy too and in the long run it is better that we support each other rather than cut each other off at the knees.
Mark
Old 12-22-2009, 05:23 PM

No apologies need to be sent my way. Everyone said their piece and everyone has that right. I don't take things from fishing message boards personally.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimdall View Post
Let me introduce myself.

Not quite the introduction I was hoping for, but I understand and accept your reasons. I had not considered the repercussions that you have cited. Speaking for myself, I will take it at face value that you are a Charter Captain and go from there. We all have great respect for Charter Captains as you get to earn your living doing something we are all passionate about. But very few of us have the skill or determination as those in your profession do. I look forward to your contributions and insight. We all have a pretty good idea where the hot spots are, and I am not talking about fishing holes. Hopefully we won't have to rehash too much of what has already been beat to death. Welcome to CGAngler and I wish you and your family a happy Holiday as well....Don
Old 12-22-2009, 07:12 PM

This sums up the general board feeling as we roll into Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wDdi-98LmY

Merry Christmas