Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2018, 06:50 AM

Default NO spring MSSA tourney

No surprise here. According to a post on Tidalflush, the spring tourney has been cancelled for 2018. Not trying to get a 20page rant going here, just parleying info that may or may not be accurate.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:39 AM

Guess Jason was winning too much money from them
5th

I'm actually glad that I can now get out that weekend Usually skip this weekend because of the number of boats on the water
5th
Old 03-02-2018, 02:38 PM

Chapters seem to be peeling off too.. Which is kind of ironic because the chapter presidents/reprentatives were who sat on the board and were to be providing oversight of the HQ.

My bet is that the Rod and Reel tournament grows by quite a bit this year, especially if they put a weigh station up north.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
No surprise here. According to a post on Tidalflush, the spring tourney has been cancelled for 2018. Not trying to get a 20page rant going here, just parleying info that may or may not be accurate.
To hear some of the locals talk, there's likely a bounty on a certain person's head,

Heck even I learned a few new cuss words listening to some of the locals ranting.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
To hear some of the locals talk, there's likely a bounty on a certain person's head,

Heck even I learned a few new cuss words listening to some of the locals ranting.
Dastardly Dave
5th
Old 03-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Dastardly Dave
5th
It's not sounding good for him.

So if the MSSA folds, or fails to recover significantly from this, who or what fills the void? Will there really be a void? Tournaments will still happen; maybe we'll see more or better tournaments. What about political lobbying? What other essential services do they provide?
Old 03-08-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
What about political lobbying? What other essential services do they provide?
MSSA hasn't spoken for me since they supported the 6 rod Pre-Season C/R regulation.
As far as I'm concerned, they "fold" at every opportunity.
5th
Old 03-09-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
MSSA hasn't spoken for me since they supported the 6 rod Pre-Season C/R regulation.
As far as I'm concerned, they "fold" at every opportunity.
5th
Gotta wonder whether MSSA and CCA knew about the 3 rod trick DNR tried to pull off a few years ago.

Every SF Commission meeting I have ever been to the members are always given a sheet with the general assembly bills pertaining to rec fishing.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
Gotta wonder whether MSSA and CCA knew about the 3 rod trick DNR tried to pull off a few years ago.

Every SF Commission meeting I have ever been to the members are always given a sheet with the general assembly bills pertaining to rec fishing.
I don't think a MSSA representative showed up to the SFAC meetings regularly. I think that is why they lost their seat for a while. I would be curious to see when all that went down who was (or was not) in attendance at that SFAC meeting..

I dont think CCA cares if a rod restriction was put on those fishing the bay. They tend to have mostly a light tackle and fly fishing constituency.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyone see the ads for the CBSFA tournament that is following the MSSA format. I guess someone saw dollar signs and put together a new "fishing club" with no board or oversight as a cash grab.

While I often dont like new unnecessary regulations, I would like to see DNR impose two things: 1. require proof of insurance to run charters to protect passengers (provide insurance certificate at the time you get the charter boat license, not FGR or TFL). 2. Proof of event/organization insurance to host a tournament, especially if there are prizes over a certain value. (wouldnt impact small club tournaments)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-09-2018 at 05:58 PM.