Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 PM

Default Pounded the Flounder.

unfortunately only one keeper 19.25 Inches. Just drifting all aspects of the three legged at the mouth of the pax. My buddy a nd I have been tearing them up there all summer. Bite seems to be dying but you can still get some.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 AM

Thats amazing.. Congrats... Weve been fishing the eastern side of bay across from Pax with no luck whatsoever. We've been so discouraged, we've given up for the year....... Or have we ???? Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
Thats amazing.. Congrats... Weve been fishing the eastern side of bay across from Pax with no luck whatsoever. We've been so discouraged, we've given up for the year....... Or have we ???? Thanks for the heads up.
It has slowed a lot since my post. Nothing of any good size last 3 trips. I should have known when I opened my fat yap about it we would not catch anything. Still quite a few smaller fish. We are jigging gulpswimming mullet chatreuse (or were) Hope you find some.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 AM

Brian r76 off Hoopers island a little north of barren island, drift 50 yards east of the bouy, once past the bouy it drops down over 100 ft. Use eith peeler on a bucktail or squid minnow sandwich, you have a shelf there that is about 19ft where the flounder lie in wait. once you hit the bouy it really drops off , go back to where you started and drift again, always been good there.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:47 PM

God Damnit Steve, we were over there, in that area and I wanted to call you, but didn't want to bother you. We went all up in your old hood, back down around, etc.. I should have just made the call... If I get back down there I will. Think I'm head to the promise land next week for 3/4 days.. Itching to catch a Chessy Flounder....
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 AM

Brian you can call anytime, I have some more Flounder spots in that area you may want to try. My friends are whacking the speckeled trout daily.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:44 PM

echobriandad, If you got a flatty fix, try the structure east of IRI. The reefsites, wrecks & Old grounds are holding keepers with some large mixed in. Some C bass for appeteasers before you eat your fried fluke a saurus. I have thrown in the towel on Chessy flatfish.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old hat View Post
echobriandad, If you got a flatty fix, try the structure east of IRI. The reefsites, wrecks & Old grounds are holding keepers with some large mixed in. Some C bass for appeteasers before you eat your fried fluke a saurus. I have thrown in the towel on Chessy flatfish.
Good to know Steve. As soon as the spot go away, I am making an OCMD run! Water temps are dropping fast in the bay so it may be soon. 72 degree surface temp at the bay bridge this morning..