Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Here's another one. Why do people feel like they can "borrow" spot from my bait pen? I go out during the day and catch 35 spot and come down the next morning to find only 12 left (no they don't get out on their own).
I brought home the pen and powerwashed it and changed the pool noodles. I checked it closely and found no holes. I don't think and animals (muskrats) are diving in and helping themselves. It's too deep for birds to poach. I occassionally find a hard crab has crawled over the side and caused havok, but on most occassions, the spot stay in the pen just fine.
It's only about 20% of the time that I find my pen has been raided. I even started trolling for spanish and blues just to frustrate the lazy fishermen from taking bait (if there are none in the pen; they can't take any).
5th (Marty)
Old 09-11-2010, 07:49 PM

My pet peeve is racists.

Never understood hating someone you have not met - just because they are from somewhere else or have different colored skin or speak a foreign language.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
My pet peeve is racists.

Never understood hating someone you have not met - just because they are from somewhere else or have different colored skin or speak a foreign language.

Or if they troll instead of jig or flyfish.
5th (Marty)
Old 09-11-2010, 08:04 PM

My pet peeve is taking to long to catch spot and missing the current only to recieve a call from home and end my fishing trip. And what really sucks is when you are fishing with your buddy and he is screwed too. Sorry Mark, you will be paying me back in the future when there is a little Mark.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:28 PM

As always I cant stand the dumb ass boaters who blew straight through the half a dozen of us fishing today....

Sometimes I would really like a couple of small homing missles to help those folks never to be able to interupt people fishing again....The wrecks might even make a good home foe some fish !
Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 PM

Rich; so I guess I can eliminate you as one of the people raiding my pen.

Mike; that was me running past you and trying to look in your boat to see if you caught any fish. At least I went through the fishing fleet at extreamly high speed; I figured I would throw less wake that way.

5th (Marty)

Here's another one:
How about when you take someone out on your boat and you expect a reciprocal trip in return, but it never comes?
Oh, that reminds me, I owe
Baldzilla
B-faithful
Hunter
Slayer
fishnut
Mlag
Doggydaddy
and probably a couple more
oops
Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Rich; so I guess I can eliminate you as one of the people raiding my pen.

Mike; that was me running past you and trying to look in your boat to see if you caught any fish. At least I went through the fishing fleet at extreamly high speed; I figured I would throw less wake that way.

5th (Marty)

Here's another one:
How about when you take someone out on your boat and you expect a reciprocal trip in return, but it never comes?
Oh, that reminds me, I owe
Baldzilla
B-faithful
Hunter
Slayer
fishnut
Mlag
Doggydaddy
and probably a couple more
oops
Where is your pen so I can guard it for you?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Gary; I hear ya man. Luckily I'm retired and don't have to fight traffic like I used to, BUT; I think the best example of what you're talking about is headed toward the bay bridge on rt 50 just past the parole exits when you get to the severn river bridge. The right hand lane disapears at the bridge. Everyone knows this but some people just have to run all the way to the bridge and try to merge. It's especially troublsome when towing a boat and you try to leave some extra room for breaking, they duck into the "hole" all the time.
5th (Marty)
Marty, There are situations like that everywhere that were created by the state or county. There are buzzards at all of them and they all know the lane ends. They might get ahead of me but not RIGHT in front of me. It's a game I play too............Gary
Old 09-12-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockleyneck View Post
My pet peeve is taking to long to catch spot and missing the current only to recieve a call from home and end my fishing trip. And what really sucks is when you are fishing with your buddy and he is screwed too. Sorry Mark, you will be paying me back in the future when there is a little Mark.
What really burns me is when you tell someone to be there at 11:30 and he strolls in at 12:00.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:48 PM

My pet peeve: Someone who charges $30.00 dollars gas / misc and fishes 6 minutes from the launch ramp. I won"t go with them again.