Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
The boat has no rail in the picture and if memory serves me, Markleys are not 36" in the stern. Is the picture just not updated and the boat is?

Also T boats have to be documented. Is the captain's first name Bill?
Reds; The Captains name is John and I believe I saw a "Contact Us" section on his website. Feel free to call or email him with any or all your concerns. I have only been "mating" on it since April and I am not familiar with all the Captain's lisense's or requirements. I'm sure he would take time to answer your questions. I'm sorry I can't be of further help.
5th (Marty)
Old 05-12-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds; The Captains name is John and I believe I saw a "Contact Us" section on his website. Feel free to call or email him with any or all your concerns. I have only been "mating" on it since April and I am not familiar with all the Captain's lisense's or requirements. I'm sure he would take time to answer your questions. I'm sorry I can't be of further help.
5th (Marty)
By ducking the main question about the boat, you really have given me an answer.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 PM

Reds; I'm not "ducking" any of your questions. Would you want your "mate" responsible for a definitive answer to some of the things you are asking?

I truely do not know the answers and I am not the one who should be answering.

What more can I do to satisfy you other than to direct you to the one person responsible for answering your questions.

If all you want to do is stir up trouble, go looking for someone else. The one thing I'm certain of is that the beam is more than 8'6" and we don't trailer it on the road.
5th (Marty)
Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
By ducking the main question about the boat, you really have given me an answer.
Why do you care so much? Are you pissed Patent Pending is getting good pub?If you want business for your charter boat get a mate who will drum it up or you like this guy, or just leave it alone. I can post your info if you want me too, I have it. But I'd want a cut of the business.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Reds - I was invited on the boat and had some time to talk to the owner.

Bear with me - going from memory.

I remember John saying the boat could only carry 6. When he first bought it - it was designed to carry more. After a Coast Guard inspection - there needed to be a few things changed to carry more and there was not time to get everything done.

It was small things like a wider cabin door - railing - etc.

Trust me - that boat is a solid tank.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Back to fishing

Earlier, I posted "What a difference a day makes"; today it's "What a difference a half mile makes".

Today we planned to launch Allen's 23 Proline Express at Breezy (we were afraid we wouldn't make it under the Ches. Beach bridge at high tide). We met several TF'ers/CBAnglers in the parking lot of the WaWa store in Edgewater. They were also launching from Breezy. When we arrived at Breezy we saw yet another group of TF'ers/CBAnglers. We all planned to keep in touch and hopefully one of us would run into a large amount of bait and pass it on.
The winds were out of the south and we had some steady 3 footers in our face. Our plan to run any distance was squashed. We slugged our way south until we couldn't stand it any longer, and we dropped lines before we got to our original destination.
The planner boards danced like marionetts on the end of a string, but they never flipped or faltered. Occassionally, they would either leap out of a wave and fly into the next one, or surf down one side of a roller and up the other.
Bait, bait, bait, where was a good concentration? We trolled south into the fray without success. Eventually we turned north east for a "kinder" troll. After about 45 minutes of being pushed north by the tide and wind, we received a call from a friend. They had found bait and fish. Where was it, a half mile south of where we turned around. Now trolling into the wind and tide, I thought we would never get to the spot.
Sure enough, bait was plentyfull and we got a hit on one of the planner lines. It was already predetermined that I got the first fish. I've handled lots of fish this season, but have yet to bring in my own. A nice 34 inch fish was placed in the box, and we trolled around watching bait on our screen but unfortunately, we had lost the tide.
We rode back to Breezy with only one to show for our efforts, but Allen and Lou were glad I had some pullage. Back at Breezy, the water was into the parking lot and Allen had to wade across to get the truck. Lou and I stayed in the boat until Allen pulled us into a dry portion of land, and hopped out and into the truck for the ride home.
If we had just "stayed the course" and gone a little further south on our original track, I'm certain we would have picked up more fish.
Oh well, we made the best of the outing, and brought dinner home too.
Thanks Allen for the invitation:
5th (Marty)
Old 05-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Reds - I was invited on the boat and had some time to talk to the owner.

Bear with me - going from memory.

I remember John saying the boat could only carry 6. When he first bought it - it was designed to carry more. After a inspection - there needed to be a few things changed to carry more and there was not time to get everything done.

It was small things like a wider cabin door - railing - etc.

Trust me - that boat is a solid tank.
I made a mistake, I should have called the Coast Guard and let them deal with the fact he was advertising an over 6 boat.

Instead I tried to hint to his mate that there was a problem, hoping he would see what I was talking about and tell the owner so he could take the website down.

The Coast Guard doesn't like advertising something on a website when the boat doesn't have the proper credentials and it sure was enough evidence of that.

I could care less how solid his boat is or his number of trips. The boat owner should play by the regs the rest of us have to play by.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Back to fishing

Earlier, I posted "What a difference a day makes"; today it's "What a difference a half mile makes".

Today we planned to launch Allen's 23 Proline Express at Breezy (we were afraid we wouldn't make it under the Ches. Beach bridge at high tide). We met several TF'ers/CBAnglers in the parking lot of the WaWa store in Edgewater. They were also launching from Breezy. When we arrived at Breezy we saw yet another group of TF'ers/CBAnglers. We all planned to keep in touch and hopefully one of us would run into a large amount of bait and pass it on.
The winds were out of the south and we had some steady 3 footers in our face. Our plan to run any distance was squashed. We slugged our way south until we couldn't stand it any longer, and we dropped lines before we got to our original destination.
The planner boards danced like marionetts on the end of a string, but they never flipped or faltered. Occassionally, they would either leap out of a wave and fly into the next one, or surf down one side of a roller and up the other.
Bait, bait, bait, where was a good concentration? We trolled south into the fray without success. Eventually we turned north east for a "kinder" troll. After about 45 minutes of being pushed north by the tide and wind, we received a call from a friend. They had found bait and fish. Where was it, a half mile south of where we turned around. Now trolling into the wind and tide, I thought we would never get to the spot.
Sure enough, bait was plentyfull and we got a hit on one of the planner lines. It was already predetermined that I got the first fish. I've handled lots of fish this season, but have yet to bring in my own. A nice 34 inch fish was placed in the box, and we trolled around watching bait on our screen but unfortunately, we had lost the tide.
We rode back to Breezy with only one to show for our efforts, but Allen and Lou were glad I had some pullage. Back at Breezy, the water was into the parking lot and Allen had to wade across to get the truck. Lou and I stayed in the boat until Allen pulled us into a dry portion of land, and hopped out and into the truck for the ride home.
If we had just "stayed the course" and gone a little further south on our original track, I'm certain we would have picked up more fish.
Oh well, we made the best of the outing, and brought dinner home too.
Thanks Allen for the invitation:
5th (Marty)
Mike and I are on a charter out of Deale this Friday. Let's hope we can bring home some dinner too. I have a bunch of clients going as well.....I'd hate to disappoint them.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I made a mistake, I should have called the Coast Guard and let them deal with the fact he was advertising an over 6 boat.

Instead I tried to hint to his mate that there was a problem, hoping he would see what I was talking about and tell the owner so he could take the website down.

The Coast Guard doesn't like advertising something on a website when the boat doesn't have the proper credentials and it sure was enough evidence of that.

I could care less how solid his boat is or his number of trips. The boat owner should play by the regs the rest of us have to play by.
Internet was down for a few days. Looks like I didn't miss much..........Gary
Old 05-16-2011, 02:22 PM

Us either!