Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Default State releases proposed Maryland C&R regs

Candy just posted this on the other board:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...,6707623.story

Jim
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM

Looks like no day or access closures from the article. If that is the case I believe it would be a huge victory IMHO given what we were up against...

No offense to Candy but I think from time to time she doesnt get the whole story straight. I have checked the DNR site and nothing has been posted yet.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Is this the same Candy that wants us to stop "harassing" stripers? That article was inaccurate and poorly written. I'll wait until I can read these new regs from a reliable source.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:35 PM

I like the part where they are going to "STUDY" the Jan/Feb slaughter of cows in Virginia Beach/North Carolina. However; they are going to put restrictions on C/R effort that might affect >1% of the spawning cows. How many years do you think this study will take? 5th (Marty)
Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Thumbs down

This is about the dumbest thing I've read in a while. The article says only 1 percent of the fish are affected in Marylands' portion of the bay. I'd say thats not bad! What about Va. & N.C., are they still free to load up on fish at our expense? They should try fixing the water quality so the newborn fish can survive!
Who is it that issued the stupid statements anyway. That person should have his/her job terminated due to incompetence and for lying to the people. Obviously there is a reason behind the attack on recreational fishermen who have done nothing to deplete the number of fish. Blame the people who have contributed to the fish demise and leave the Maryland fisherman alone.