Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Gear, Tackle, Electronics

Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 PM

Default Raymarine C-70 DSM300 goes offline

The depth sounder part of my C-70 system, the DSM300, will generally disengage within 10-15 after the motor is turned off. It happens sooner if much else is operating (i.e. live well pump). Seems to be insufficient voltage. By insufficient, I think the disconnect happens at and below 12 volts. I have had my batteries tested and been assured they are ok, but I have my doubts. They are plenty strong to start the engine, but should they hold their voltage levels better than 12 volts. Thanks...Don
Old 11-13-2009, 07:41 PM

My father has the same issue with his Ray c80 package. I believe Ray is sensative to changes in voltage. I believe Jim at BOE Marine told me about a voltage regulator or something that can help correct the problem. Give him a shout if he misses this thread. His web address is www.boemarine.com
Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Either get a new battery or install a PowerPak12. It will take whatever juice is coming out of the batt and convert it to perfect 12V power. You would only connect your DSM unit to it and that will solve your problem. They are $218
Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtjim View Post
Either get a new battery or install a PowerPak12. It will take whatever juice is coming out of the batt and convert it to perfect 12V power. You would only connect your DSM unit to it and that will solve your problem. They are $218
Thanks for the reply. I will look into a better battery for my Deep cycle switch-over (house) battery. If that doesn't fix it, I will give you a call about that PowerPak12...Thanks...Don
Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM

Don,
Do you know the voltage on your batteries? Age, size and type of batteries? What did they test for you, voltage or load? You would need to have one heck of a lot of amp draw on standard batteries to go below 12 volts that fast. Check everything for tight connections.
John
Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transition View Post
Don,
Do you know the voltage on your batteries? Age, size and type of batteries? What did they test for you, voltage or load? You would need to have one heck of a lot of amp draw on standard batteries to go below 12 volts that fast. Check everything for tight connections.
John
Thanks John - I am going to be buying a new replacement deep cycle battery for spring and hopefully that will solve my problem...Don