Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2015, 06:50 PM

Let me start off by thanking all the participants today, without you there would not have been a contest. Second I would like to thank the ladies who took over the grill like true champs!(after Jason was done with the fish for the tacos). Believe me I hated handing over the money to Marty as much as you all hated seeing him take it! But congradulations to the Judge yacht king for the year. It was truly a pleasure to finally put some faces with the names of this great website. Hopefully someone got some pictures today that they can post. We were truly blessed by the weather gods today by giving us the short window that was allowed. As we were cleaning up the drops starting falling. As we agreed upon next years tournament will be the Saturday following thanksgiving. I will make certain a letter will be obtained from DNR so we can proceed forward with it. I need some help though! So that we can get in a full day of fishing if anyone knows of a place we can hold the after party indoors please start working on it. With this being a Saturday tournament it's hard to get a bar such as our backup, coconut Charlie's to commit with it being their busy nite to make money. Enough said we got a year to work on it but it will be here before you know it. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves today and look forward to making it a annual event! Everyone please have a successful and safe remaining season and look forward to seeing everyone again soon. Thank you everyone for making the first one a great success!!!

Last edited by Mako mike; 11-28-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:09 PM

We had a great time today and can't wait for next year!
Old 11-28-2015, 07:53 PM

Great fishing and great party today! Not so great that Marty managed to get the only 30 incher in the BPL area today We had quantity catching 10 fish in the 4 hours we had, but Marty got the big one - congratulations, Marty! Thanks for putting it together Mike... looking forward to next year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151128_134315-1.jpg (102.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20151128_120307.jpg (98.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20151128_091404.jpg (99.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-28-2015, 07:59 PM

Thanks Mako Mike for all that you did to see this was a success. Getting Atlantic Marina Resort to donate their facility (including boat slips, grounds, picnic tables, and grills) was huge.
I couldn't believe the variety of food. We went old school with hot dogs and beer, but there were Robin's fish taco's, smoked/grilled chicken, beef barbecue, burgers, and all the "fixin's" with salads and other delicious food.
I knew most of the participants, but still found a few new people What a great group of fishermen and their wives
As you said, it would have been very hard to beat the 60 degree dry weather with light winds today.

As I left my slip this morning, I was happy to see that no fog had rolled in last night. With good visibility, we decided to make the long run south to look for a nice fish. It is a testament to the type of people on this board that Jason saw us and called us over into the very same waters he was having success. His information helped us put the winning fish in the boat It's good to know that friendship overshadows competitiveness in this bragging rights tournament among fishing buddies.
With only 15 minutes left to fish, the 30 inch fish hit a board rod hard. Lolo made short work of the fat fish and we ran back home on flat water. With only 4 fish caught (two others came unglued) we were sure that one of Jason's 10 fish was going to dwarf our catch.
With only an inch to spare, 5th Tuition claimed both CBA and Judge bragging rights. My crew consisted of Bruce Lewin (36 Judge Hook 'EM"), Lolo Gensler (having a 36 Judge built), Jay Shipley (owner of my marina), and myself.
Bruce just had hip replacement surgery Oct 12th; and I brought my mom's handicap car placard in case we needed a "special" slip assignment

Great day on the water, and back on dry land.
Thanks to all who participated.
5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1950.jpg (88.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-28-2015, 09:12 PM

Could not agree more.....

What a great day...great friends...great food...

Thanks to all...

Can't wait to finish out the season strong and looking forward to a great spring....
Old 11-29-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Thanks Mako Mike for all that you did to see this was a success. Getting Atlantic Marina Resort to donate their facility (including boat slips, grounds, picnic tables, and grills) was huge.
I couldn't believe the variety of food. We went old school with hot dogs and beer, but there were Robin's fish taco's, smoked/grilled chicken, beef barbecue, burgers, and all the "fixin's" with salads and other delicious food.
I knew most of the participants, but still found a few new people What a great group of fishermen and their wives
As you said, it would have been very hard to beat the 60 degree dry weather with light winds today.

As I left my slip this morning, I was happy to see that no fog had rolled in last night. With good visibility, we decided to make the long run south to look for a nice fish. It is a testament to the type of people on this board that Jason saw us and called us over into the very same waters he was having success. His information helped us put the winning fish in the boat It's good to know that friendship overshadows competitiveness in this bragging rights tournament among fishing buddies.
With only 15 minutes left to fish, the 30 inch fish hit a board rod hard. Lolo made short work of the fat fish and we ran back home on flat water. With only 4 fish caught (two others came unglued) we were sure that one of Jason's 10 fish was going to dwarf our catch.
With only an inch to spare, 5th Tuition claimed both CBA and Judge bragging rights. My crew consisted of Bruce Lewin (36 Judge Hook 'EM"), Lolo Gensler (having a 36 Judge built), Jay Shipley (owner of my marina), and myself.
Bruce just had hip replacement surgery Oct 12th; and I brought my mom's handicap car placard in case we needed a "special" slip assignment

5th (Marty)
Marty, Thanks for the special consideration. I am just glad that the weather held out and we didn't get beat to death on the ride down to Jason's water. The Judge 27 rode smooth and so quietly that no one knew we were there !!
Had a great day on the water and I really enjoyed seeing some friends and meeting new friends. Food was GREAT (Thanks Robin for the tacos and cookies). Mike did a great job setting everything up.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-29-2015, 06:23 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post

5th (Marty)
Marty big thanks for letting me catch a ride with you...since selling my Judge my ability to fish has drastically decreased but knowing there is a 36' on the way makes it okay!

It had a great time and it was nice to catch up with Bruce again and to meet Jay for the 1s time. Most importantly I'm glad Jay was on board because that guy is like a rabbits foot, maybe the best lucky charm I've ever met

Like everyone else already stated it was great to be able to put faces to names and most of all get to tell a whole bunch of half lies or partial truths!

Can't wait till next year!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:42 AM

Default meet up

I enjoyed meeting everyone as well, putting a face to a keyboard name was nice.
John
Old 11-30-2015, 08:18 PM

Default a few pictures of from the get together.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)

Last edited by bhl; 11-30-2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: add words
Old 11-30-2015, 08:23 PM

Default A few more pic's

A beautiful morning and a great day with everyone.

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)