Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2015, 05:22 PM

Default October-first week of Nov

My son's racing schedule has continued so my time on the water has been more limited. He races in the state championship meet with his team this Saturday, then it should be game on for me.

Anyhow, Over the last month most the trips we did make were jigging and plugging. With fish schooled up and mostly feeding on silversides jigging has been about the most productive option in the upper bay. Most our trips have been above the bridge. We did do one trip south of the bridge trolling big baits off boards for a few hours looking for migrants but we ended having to jig for action.

The use of my new high power stabilizing binoculars have been my best tool. I can spot birds 5 miles or so away. We havent found any over 30" fish in a bit. However most trips are yielding fish to the 25-27". We did have a trip where we could only find dinks but most trips are yielding keepers. One 2.5hr solo trip was very good with only one short fish out of more than a dozen caught.

Trick for us on most trips has been to fish outside the working birds under the big birds sitting on the water and keeping the jigs right on the bottom. Best lure seem to have been 1oz lil bunkers by specialized baits. They have out-fished plastics most trips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lt1.jpg (65.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg lt2.jpg (70.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg lt3.jpg (66.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg lt4.jpg (46.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg lt5.jpg (36.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg lt6.jpg (57.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg lt7.jpg (79.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg lt8.jpg (59.9 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 11-10-2015 at 08:29 PM.