Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2010, 03:01 PM

I can't wait to post. I have only been out with friends, and we did quite well. This was before the 6 rod restrictions; but now, I hope to be splashing my boat and will report either a "good" day or a "bad" day. I'll post where fished, but no pic's or numbers. I'll share info with most all who post here if you want to PM.
Wife has off this week for Spring Break, so I should be able to get out at least once this week. I'll be kayaking with her the rest of the week.
5th (Marty)
Old 03-26-2010, 03:32 PM

Greg-

Your Boys 10 yr old friend must be super strong or you have great equipment..

How did he do it? Any help?
VHF: Channel 73
Old 03-26-2010, 03:48 PM

I've said it before - I think anyone can post as little or as much as they want (or not at all). I personally like the reports, because often there is info about the "how" included, which I've learned a lot from, but to each is own. But...

I have been wrestling with this thought, maybe you all can comment. If we stay "guarded", don't spread the word about our fishing exploits through whatever means (internet, bait shop, mssa meetings, ect.), won't we shrink the group of people that fish, and decrease the visibility of fisherman as a legitimate group of citizens. If the fishing fraternity gets smaller and smaller, and more guarded, won't we marginalize ourselves and eventually, the "reason" to end PC&R is because, heck, no one fishes it. We know that no agency will likely collect actual data on effort. If we follow the logic that people monitor these boards to make decisions, shouldn't we all be posting the basic - location, caught/didn't catch, all released unharmed, with only pic's of fish in the water if any at all. If we do that, we'll be representing ourselves as a large group or responsible anglers, giving people little reason to believe we are having an impact and showing that this is a popular fishery that generates profit for local business (gas, tackle, food, ect.). If there are no posts, shouldn't we surmise that the powers to be will assume that PC&R isn't popular. And if not popular, why have it at all?

Just a thought. I'm honestly not sure if I buy the logic myself, but I can't shake the feeling that the rightful acrimony over the process will bite us all in the a$$ somehow. I also don't think there is a cause and effect with the posts and the PC&R limits because I think it was all a smokescreen to cover up the actual, selfish reasons of the groups that wanted to limit PC&R, so maybe that is why I don't believe myself.

Anyway, food for though. Hopefully I can find the time to get out next week myself.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM

I'll take "Guarded for 20, Alex". Posting w/ pics will begin in earnest during the trophy season when catch and keep is encouraged, strangely enough.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 03-26-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltor View Post
I'll take "Guarded for 20, Alex". Posting w/ pics will begin in earnest during the trophy season when catch and keep is encouraged, strangely enough.
Well now your getting into Fishing Report vs. Bragging Rights. There's a distinctive difference. There are some on the other board that thrive on bragging to the point that it gets them in a catch 22.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Well now your getting into Fishing Report vs. Bragging Rights. There's a distinctive difference. There are some on the other board that thrive on bragging to the point that it gets them in a catch 22.
I understand your point, we'll see.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 03-26-2010, 06:22 PM

I'll post what I catch,,,, just haven't caught yet this year. Sunday looks good!

TED
Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 PM

And while its on my mind, there are " others" that claim to take their secrets to the grave, but are the very first ones to "brag" about there success. They can't get on the cell fast enough to tell their " buddies", all under the auspicious of' "Don;t tell anybody"... By the end of the day, all his "buddies" are comparing notes.

I don't know... Is really all about what cliques you belong too...
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 PM

Fished last Sun. with my neighbor on his 25 Robalo. Shake down trip with 14 rod spread. Caught 3 between 32 and 38 roughly. First fish off the boards 9inch storm shad, next 2 on deep running umbrellas, boat rods.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 PM

Sorry,launched at SP, and fished all morning right around Bloody.