Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2013, 06:37 PM

Default 16, 18, 19, 21 & 22 May reports

Out front of Deale has been good the past week.

Fished my boat 4 days out of the last week and worked a double on the Lucky Strike on Saturday the 18th.

Took the boards off and have just been running boat rods. Umbrellas with Storm baits out 28 bars with no weight and umbrellas with storms and a 10oz out 10 bars have been the consistent producers.

First pic is of some fish me and a friend who works on the Vickie Ann picked up on a two hour fun trip on 16 May. For scale, the little fish is 26".

The second pic is of the fish box on the Lucky Strike from our afternoon trip on 18 May. We got on them hard and fast. We had our 14 fish limit in 90 minutes.

The next two pictures are from Sunday 19 May. Nice lazy trip, we didn't even leave the dock until 1000 and were back at the Happy Harbor by 1300. I keep forgetting my knives on the charter boat, so we just back into an empty slip at the Harbor to unload and clean our fish there .... while having a cold one.

The next couple of pics are from 21 May. My buddy from the Vickie Ann asked if he could bring a couple of friends along...I had no idea they would be so easy on the eyes! Got the girls their first rockfish ever....still working out front of Deale in 35-45 feet with just boat rods.

The last pic is taken at the Happy Harbor yesterday, 22 May. We came in with 5 but forgot to take any pictures before we cleaned them. The bite out front seemed to be dying off a little. Ran down to Stone Rock to look around and after two hours without a touch we ran back north before we threw in the towel due to the building wind and sea state. Took our fish back to Happy Harbor and had them cooked up.....blackened is the way to go here!

Got a double Saturday and full day trip Monday on Lucky Strike and I may try to sneak out tomorrow on my boat if this damn wind would lay down...lets hope the fish keep cooperating!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16 may.jpg (18.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 18 May.jpg (96.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg sun group.jpg (64.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg boat at the harbor.jpg (92.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg heather 1.jpg (41.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg sam 1.jpg (76.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg sam 2.jpg (57.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg doug and the girls.jpg (68.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg dinner at HH.jpg (71.2 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Tawn; 05-23-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM

Nice work! Deale seems to be treating you well.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 AM

Nice job. Sounds like you are staying busy.

bhl (Bruce)