Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2009, 07:33 PM

Hello all,
Ben Johnson here. Circulation guy for the Mid-Atlantic Edition of The Fisherman. I'm 23, been on boats since I was in diapers. Caught more species than I am years old, might have killed more species than I am old too... thanks to a great but sometimes hardheaded father - no pun intended I got too far away from fishing, hunting, and the outdoors during the highschool/college days... but I'm working my way back into it. I know a few guys through the magazine and my days of working at Tri-State Marine. I've got 2 brothers that also love to spend time on the water or in the field and a wonderful mother that managed to stay sane with 4 knuckle headed males under the same roof. Born and raised on the waters of Kent Island, fished from the CBBT to the Tuckahoe River and hundreds of points in between. Never gotten offshore or considered myself hardcore, no offense taken if you call me fair-weathered. I'll either be out in a 22 Robalo or a 19' Skiff - sometimes cruising, sometimes fishing. Launching from Matapeake or Shipping Creek.

Thanks Jim for giving everyone an alternative and a more homey option.

If I can do anything for anyone, feel free to shoot me an email on here or at bjohnson@thefisherman.com

Regards,
Ben
Sho'billy D-LuX
Old 11-17-2009, 07:38 PM

Cool. Nice to have met you at the boat show with Dave!

Greg
Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach23 View Post
My name is Rich
Welcome aboard Coach...Don
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 PM

hey, everyone, I'm Mark.
i am a project manager with a mechanical contractor in Balimore.
i live in Catonsville with my wife of 16 years.
we fish out of a 1997 Pro Line 170 Sport center console that we've had since new.
we put plenty of miles (& fish!)on it and have fished from the Flats to the Bass Grounds off Ocean City.
been around boats, marinas & on the Bay all my life
love all kinds of fishing but have gotten the LTJ bug and really enjoy the challenge.
it is nice to see some friendly faces over here.....hope it is a happy home!

i look forward to seeing this board grow

Mark
Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 PM

Greg, nice meeting you and Bill as well. Sent you a PM.
Sho'billy D-LuX
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM

My name is Mark, I'm 37 years old and live in Pasadena with my wife of less than a year, and our 80lb white lab. I grew up in Bethesda, but moved to live closer to the water (and get away from the congestion). I'm a landscape contractor and run a retail garden center. Typically, I fish the upper bay but will trailer to follow the fish. I try to get down to the beach and fish offshore as much as possible, but not enough, sometimes it's tough to get a crew. Hope to see you guys out there.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Default A perfect thread

So Mark was kind enough to invite me to the party and here I am....

I am Mike Barnes...Gettin too close to 40....Three wonderful kids...2 boys 16 and 8 and our baby girl at 4...Love our dogs Collie, Black Lab, and Golden...They spend thier life with us in Pasadena....

Been fishing since back in the day...My dad and I used to fish Cabin Creek, Crab Alley, Parsons Island, Eastern Bay, Narrows areas when I was a kid...We had a house right next to Cabin Creek...Learned a lot from the commercial guys that parked in the creek...Back then we could just about throw anything in the water and get something back...Stripers were just another fish along with more white and yellow perch, flounders, and blues than a person could keep...when we wanted crabs for dinner we would throw a bushel basket in an old inner tube and dip net what we wanted right out of the creek...The water was clean and the Bay was full of life...Them was the days...

So I go off to college, life gets busy, and I dont start seriously fishing till about 2 years ago when my dad past and left me his boat...Figured it was some type of message to forget the busy life and enjoy some of it....

20+ years sure have changed things...Now you actually need to have more than just a sinker and hook...there are many days I cant catch a darn thing...But I am learning all over again and having a good time doing it.....

The boat is in the Bodkin, usually from March till November...A 20' center console Shamrock inboard...Small but one hell of a boat...

Look forward to meeting more of you in the future...

Mike
Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnson View Post
Hello all,
Ben Johnson here. Circulation guy for the Mid-Atlantic Edition of The Fisherman. I'm 23, been on boats since I was in diapers. Caught more species than I am years old, might have killed more species than I am old too... thanks to a great but sometimes hardheaded father - no pun intended I got too far away from fishing, hunting, and the outdoors during the highschool/college days... but I'm working my way back into it. I know a few guys through the magazine and my days of working at Tri-State Marine. I've got 2 brothers that also love to spend time on the water or in the field and a wonderful mother that managed to stay sane with 4 knuckle headed males under the same roof. Born and raised on the waters of Kent Island, fished from the CBBT to the Tuckahoe River and hundreds of points in between. Never gotten offshore or considered myself hardcore, no offense taken if you call me fair-weathered. I'll either be out in a 22 Robalo or a 19' Skiff - sometimes cruising, sometimes fishing. Launching from Matapeake or Shipping Creek.

Thanks Jim for giving everyone an alternative and a more homey option.

If I can do anything for anyone, feel free to shoot me an email on here or at bjohnson@thefisherman.com

Regards,
Ben
Welcome! Can I have a lifetime subscription to The Fisherman?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Default Hi Folks!

My name is Ralph Smith and I live in Pasadena, MD. I grew up on the water and have been fishing since the age of 6, thanks to my grandfather. I'm 40 years old and married with our first child on the way! My full time occupation is an engineer and I also have a reel repair business.

I enjoy both freshwater and saltwater fishing. My grandparents lived in Chestertown where I spent alot of time fishing on the ponds of the upper shore. I also spent alot of time with my grandfather fishing for stripers and perch in the Chester River.

I enjoy all methods of fishing on the bay from LTJ to trolling to live-lining spot and eels while fishing for stripers, flounder, perch and drum. I also enjoy the challenge of big game fishing offshore.

I love to fish and enjoy helping others learn and enjoy fishing too. If I can be of any help with fishing or working on reels, feel free to get in touch with me.

I already know a few of you folks on here and I look forward to meeting those of you that I don't in the future!

Catch'em Up!!!

Ralph
Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 PM

Mark1234 (Mark) - Welcome buddy. You probably could have gotten the screen name "Mark" here and saved us all a few keystrokes.

Ralph - Welcome! I have heared some good things about you. Glad you are here.